Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2016, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools HD not recognizing HD Native. Looking for a bit of help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Uh that is not what I'd try first if you want to use the Mbox Pro If you connect up the Mbox Pro (is it an Mbox 3 Pro?) go out coaxial S/PDIF on the Mbox 3 Pro extension cable to the Omni, your better audio quality (no unnecessary conversion) and save two precious analog inputs on the Omni. The Omni has sample rate conversion which makes it easier to handle different sample rates.
Aaaand I'm stuck again. Can't find the breakout cable that came with the Mbox Pro 3 so I can't connect a coax spdif cable to it. Any idea? Can't seem to find what to buy online.
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone
Old 12-07-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focuret View Post
Aaaand I'm stuck again. Can't find the breakout cable that came with the Mbox Pro 3 so I can't connect a coax spdif cable to it. Any idea? Can't seem to find what to buy online.
How hard did you look?

This guy seems to makes and sells 'em on EBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/breakout-cab...-/121669832448

Try contacting him, he obviously makes a few and sells them at different times.

Look for other ads on EBay. Search DUC carefully, there are multiple threads about this here from memory (no I'm not going to find them for you). Call Sweetwater and ask if they know how to buy one. Ask here (start a new thread for that specific question). Contact Avid support (you may be able to bypass the need to pay by navigating the phone menu to hardware service, not sure have not tried to talk to Avid in many years) or an authorized repair provider and see if they can get you one. Buy the parts and wire together one (if you or somebody you know are handy with a soldering iron). Just making something to connect to S/PDIF connector is a few dollars of parts.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:52 PM

I just got Source-Nexus which works like a charm and is even more useful than just routing audio. I highly recommend checking it out!
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone