Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 02-13-2020, 08:33 AM

Default SC48 Replacement

Hi,

We have an SC48 running in our church. It has given great service for 9 years now. There is the odd wee glitch - e.g. noise on one channel.
We are starting to look at replacement options for the time where something goes horribly wrong - i.e. contingency planning. I believe support stops next year.

I like the venue system, but am wondering what Avid offers now in this type of console. The focus seems to be on the S6 and more recently the S1/S4. The S4/6 are too expensive for us and the S1 too light.

There is the S3L-X, but this seems to have been left behind - is this the case or am I imagining this. Just seems very little on the Avid site and little when I search UK sites.

Is the S3L-X a good replacement or the SC48? Is there a commitment behind this from Avid?

Any other alternatives I should be considering. I would prefer to stick with Avid as long as there is the right product and ongoing commitment behind it. Or should I be considering other options (if so what?).
Old 02-13-2020, 03:35 PM

Default Re: SC48 Replacement

The S3L system could have been the ideal replacement for the SC48, when the smaller surface isn’t bothering you.
But you are correct, Avid ditched it prematurely, probably not enough sales.

S1 and S4 are studio stuff, so the smallest possible way to stay with the Venue system would be the S6L with 16C surface, E6-112 Engine and some I/O boxes, probably best option would be a couple stage16 depending on your needs for inputs and outputs.

If only the S3L would still be up.... on the other hand you can buy used S3L systems pretty cheap... wanna buy mine?