How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2018, 01:54 AM

Default S6L Recording issue

Hello guys!

We recently bought the S6L at work, where we before had a Profile.
I have som questions regarding multitrack recording.
With the Profile everything was super-easy! Patching any channel, busses, groups etc, by the Direct-outs to ProTools or any other daw.

With the S6L every input channel is "digitally splitted" by default to the Pro Tools AVB inputs. Can this not be disabled??
I have a show at the moment where I use all the inputs from my stage racks. I would like to ONLY record my Groups and some specific channels, but I can't patch these to ProTools! I'm getting prompted to "unpach" channels from stage-racks to have channels "free" and be able to do a patch to ProTools...

I hope I am missing something here, because if not... It is not possible to record, aux, matrixes, busses or groups if you have show that occupies all your inputs in the system....

I am super greatful for any help, because a film crew arrives on saturday to film the show, and they need some audio recorded from our show...