Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 11-25-2014, 01:49 PM

Default Fast Track Ultra 8r suddenly not recognized

Hello everyone.

I'm opening an new Thread concerning the Fast Track Ultra 8r, cause my problem seems to be different from all of you guys.

First, I hope i'll find solution on this forum. It seems very active and I've seen a lot of suggestions, which i tried without success.

So my situation is following…
I have a macbook air 11, Yosemite, and a Ultra 8r.
I've been using the rack for a while, on Lion, Moutain Lion, Mavericks, and Yosemite. It worked perfectly for the last year on every OS with (almost) no problems.

I had, like everybody here, the "power up card before computer" problem, and from times to times, the card disconnect itself from usb. But a quick reboot put everything back on.

Last week I turned on my Fast Track, then my computer. But nothing showed up on my computer. I've been using the card with 2.3 for a long time without any issue on Yosemite. Worked perfectly with ableton, even midi, spdif, etc… But last week, I had no communication between laptop and card…

So i reboot, tried with different computers, different os win (xp, 7) & mac(10.6–10.10), different computers. I tried the powered usb 2.0 Hub solution. I tried with different ac Adaptator.

None of those solutions worked. Very strange. The card had no shock, no electrical surcharge or whatever.

It power up perfectly, having nice led animation. Midi in Led signal works. Signal vu-meter as well. But the card isn't showing up on laptop.

What should i do ?

Cheers-
nicolas
Old 11-26-2014, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Fast Track Ultra 8r suddenly not recognized

Have you tried another USB cable? If that doesn't help, I'd suspect that something has gone on the FTU since it is not detected on multiple computers.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 11-26-2014, 10:12 AM

Hello Joel

Yes I did try with a lot of different usb cable :-(
Old 01-18-2015, 10:48 AM

Hi Nicolas, did you manage to resolve this issue? I have same issue at my end...

Regards,

Iain.