Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-01-2012, 03:36 PM

Default Melodyne out of sync on PT 8

Hey guys, would appriciate some help with this. I run PT 8 on a mac os x i7. I use the program melodyne editor for years and just upgraded to melodyne 2 a few months ago and have never had this issue until yesterday.

I recorded my vocals, used melodyne on them for pitch correction as usual but when i played back the song from the very beginning all the vocals that have melodyne on them are wayyyyy out of sync and on top of that are very choppy. So for example the vocals for the first verse wont come in till a random part of what should be the chorus and it will only play a few words and then drop out. If I disable melodyne then itll playback just fine but obviously I want my plugins to work.

NOW heres where it gets weird... I have melodyne on multiple vocal tracks. One of my vocal tracks (also with melodyne on it) works totally fine but the other 2 are whats causing me grief.

Further more, if I dont play back from the beginning of the track but do start playback say from somewhere in the middle of the intro suddenly the vocals will be perfect! This makes bouncing impossible.. Please help!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Melodyne out of sync on PT 8

Do you have tempo and or Time Signature changes in the session?
And if you do, were they made after you had done some Melodyne work?
In my expirience these can cause problems.
My solution was to lock the tempo in Melodyne to the tempo of the session at the time it was due to playback.
HD Native PCIe
Apogee Symphony I/O
Avid HD I/O
192 I/O
Waves DLI
Apogee Mini Me
Mbox Micro
Old 06-02-2012, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Melodyne out of sync on PT 8

When this used to happen to me with Melodyne Studio, I would start over from scratch(yes, lots of wasted time, so thankfully it didn't happen very often). In any case, I got into a habit(with the older version) of busing the tuned vocal to a new audio track and recording it. Then, you can remove the plugin and use the original audio as a reference for spotting the tuned audio to the proper place on the timeline.

I find it advantageous to record the audio anyway as, once you have it loaded into Melodyne, you can't edit the audio on that track in any way(Audiosuite, EA or volume).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave