Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2022, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2022.9 "Saving ARA Data"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegokuuk View Post
Same here. Even after deactivating all Melodyne instances, keeps saying "Saving ARA data"

I'm on Mac OS Mojave
Had the same thing, seems to happen when a track becomes more edit dense.

Also have observed that when commiting a comp which has many regions and fades (switching off Melodyne and selecting Commit) some edits dont commit in the correct place on the timeline. Consolidating the edit and then commiting that fixes this.

Bare in mind that even when you switch off the Melodyne on a track and commit, the ARA regions created will remain in the Clip list. (You can see they have a little waveform icon next to them) So a Cmd+Shift+U will select them once you've commited your tuning and a Cmd+Shift+B will clear them out of this version of the session. This stops the Saving ARA dialog.

Old 10-04-2022, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
The only thing is I really like being able to use the TCE trim tool and get 'Melodyne' stretching instead of standard Elastic, I think it might actually be my favourite thing about the whole implementation. When I first tried it I thought, "Well this is obviously never going to work", shortly followed by "Woaaaaaaaaah!"
That is interesting! Does it work on grouped drum tracks? I've always found Elastic Audio a bit iffy on cymbals/overheads. Is it possible to use the Melodyne algorithm across a dozen grouped/phase-locked drum tracks?

I would try it, but I'm holding off on updating until a get a couple of jobs finished.

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 10-04-2022, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepopsongs View Post
I'm constantly getting workflow interruptions with "Saving ARA Data" window. I have only two tracks with Melodyne on and both are frozen. Am I wrong in thinking ARA should not be constantly updating in the background when the tracks it's on are frozen? The interruptions are making the function unusable. Anyone know how to minimize this?
I hadn't seen this at all till today, and the reason is that I'd been engaging ARA on very short clips at a time. I'm sure most people who get this are editing long clips, such as maybe a whole lead vocal track. I tried that today, and sure enough, I saw the ARA data message. The way around this is to engage ARA on very short clips at a time, like one vocal phrase or line at a time. You can cut your vocal into short clips and edit them one at a time. It can then all be consolidated after you are done editing. That way, Melodyne doesn't have to update the whole clip after every little edit. With short clips, the message doesn't show up at all (at least in my current workflow). I hope this helps.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:38 AM

I'm wondering if it might be possible to have a "disengage ARA" option in preferences. It might be better to use the old ARA trick of freezing and unfreezing a track to run audio into Melodyne if this persists.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:16 AM

Same issue here. I have committed all melodyned tracks and yet i keep getting this annoying message "saving ARA data". "ARA" means madness in my native language

Windows 10
Melodyne Studio
PT Studio
Old 10-05-2022, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin ice View Post
I'm wondering if it might be possible to have a "disengage ARA" option in preferences. It might be better to use the old ARA trick of freezing and unfreezing a track to run audio into Melodyne if this persists.
I believe if you use the Melodyne plugin on the track rather than the right click "Edit in Melodyne" it works as it always did.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
The only thing is I really like being able to use the TCE trim tool and get 'Melodyne' stretching instead of standard Elastic, I think it might actually be my favourite thing about the whole implementation. When I first tried it I thought, "Well this is obviously never going to work", shortly followed by "Woaaaaaaaaah!"
wait wait wait, that is amazing, never thought to try that! That's the first Ill try when I get to the studio today.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Avid is aware of this issue and are working on a fix for the next release. Meanwhile, you are still free to use Melodyne as an insert like before(IOW, you are not forced into using the ARA version)
How in the world did a bug like this in a flagship, highly publicized, new feature get away from the developer quality control team and the beta testers?

This sounds like the kind of bug that should have easily been identified before the update was released.
Luna 1.5.5, Logic Pro 10.8.1/Logic Pro 10.7.9, Cubase Pro 13.0.30, Studio One Pro 6.6, Pro Tools Studio 2024.3.1, PreSonus Quantum 2, UA-2 Software 11.2, UA Apollo 8, UA Apollo Twin Mk 2 (2), UAD-2 Thunderbolt Satellite Quad (2), Fractal Axe Fx III Mk. II Turbo FW 25, USB FW 1.15 and Axe-Edit III 1.13.19, Studio A: Apple iMac 2020, i7 8-core 3.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP5700XT GPU, 10 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6. Studio B: Apple iMac 2015, i7 4-core 4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP395X GPU, 1 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Monterey 12.7.1.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveporter33765 View Post
How in the world did a bug like this in a flagship, highly publicized, new feature get away from the developer quality control team and the beta testers?

This sounds like the kind of bug that should have easily been identified before the update was released.
Maybe it’s not a bug. Could be that’s just the way Melodyne is baked into this version of ProTools. All I know is that it could’ve been implemented a lot smoother. As I’ve said in earlier comments on this thread, with Logic Pro the ARA is seamless.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeee123 View Post
Maybe it’s not a bug. Could be that’s just the way Melodyne is baked into this version of ProTools. All I know is that it could’ve been implemented a lot smoother. As I’ve said in earlier comments on this thread, with Logic Pro the ARA is seamless.
Gotta be improved - I'm back to using the plugin. The saving ARA time suck makes it a non starter for any serious Melodyne editing.