Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Workspace crash when searching or auditioning

Wondering if anyone else has this problem or has a solution.

OS 10.3.7 PT 6.2.3 on a Mix plus, Mac G4 Dual 1ghz QS. Waiting to go to 6.4 soon.
After doing a search in the workspace then auditioning a sound PT immediately crashes. Then next time I repeat the search PT won't even complete the search and then crashes immediately. Of course I can't remember the file name so now I can't search for that certain search term again.

Any ideas, solutions, help?

Thanks

Harry
Old 03-13-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Workspace crash when searching or auditioning

Have you tried trashing your Digidesign Databases folders? They are found on each volume.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:31 PM

Rob,

Yeah did that. No luck still does the same thing when searching.

Thanks

Harry
Old 03-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Avid

This could be a RAM issue. How much do you have? What type of volume are you searching...FW, USB, network volume?

6.2.3 was only qualified with OS 10.3.2. 6.4.1 is the version you want to upgrade to for Mix hardware.

-Jordan
Old 03-14-2005, 07:28 PM

No luck. Upgraded to 6.4 and the same thing happens. I think it has something to do with a specific file. It happens when it gets to the file that crashed it during the search. The problem is I can't find one file that keeps crashing a very long search. Still a big problem.

Thanks

Harry
Old 03-15-2005, 06:07 PM

To answer your questions more completely:

1GB ram
searching FW drives - about 2 to 3 drives
Running 6.4.1 now

Still no luck same problem.

Also I have posted but have no responses on how to organize the plug-ins in the audiosuite menu in 6.4.1. People say that they are in folders and you can organize them. I have looked high and low and cannot find any plugins sorted into folders. I have looked library/applicationsupport/digidesign/plug-ins and there are just a list of the main plug-ins no folders like there is represented in the audiosuite menu. Any help here as well?

Thanks

Harry
Old 03-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Avid

More RAM might help, but if you think its related to a specific file, try narrowing your search to specific volumes and then folders until you identify the problematic file.

Regarding plug-in organization, go to Setups>Preferences>Display and check Organize Plug-in Menus by Category.

-Jordan
Old 03-18-2005, 04:30 PM

On the issue of the plugin organization. I actually found what you mentioned. I want to be able to make my own folders so I can reorganize it my way. The way it is now doesn't make sense and is not intuitive for a sound editor. The main Audiosuite plugins I use are pitch shift, duplicate, gain, and normalize, plus some other purchases plugins. How can I organize them so I can have the main ones I use either at the top of the list or in a folder at the top of the list? I use to be able to do this in OS 9 no problem.

On the issue of the crash. I have tried more memory and to isolate the file. It is hard when you don't know which file has crashed it and you do a search for something like car crash, of which I may have 500-1000 items across about 4 firewire drives. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Harry