Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 03-02-2018, 07:39 PM

Default Pro Tools First Won't start on initial start up

Does anyone know what this means? I can't start the program after install. Also, what is a copy button? Do they mean the copy command? I can't copy or paste anything into the window that wants to send a message to Avid. I have done the usual things to correct this including an NVRAM reset. Nothing works. The program won't start and continues to give me this error.

Assertion in "Volumes/Development/Code/222439/ProTools/App/Document/UProToolsWindowPresetMgr.cpp", line 250.
(Use the Copy button to copy this message to the clipboard.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 19.11.05.jpg (33.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by tsmchenry; 03-04-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools First Won't start on initial start up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmchenry View Post
Does anyone know what this means? I can't start the program after install. Also, what is a copy button? Do they mean the copy command? I can't copy or paste anything into the window that wants to send a message to Avid. I have done the usual things to correct this including an NVRAM reset. Nothing works. The program won't start and continues to give me this error.

Assertion in "Volumes/Development/Code/222439/ProTools/App/Document/UProToolsWindowPresetMgr.cpp", line 250.
(Use the Copy button to copy this message to the clipboard.)
Good question on the copy button... my guess would be the copy command.

As for your error, what kind of audio interface are you using? Are the drivers up to date and does it work in other programs?
Are you using an admin account on your system?

Give us a little more info and hopefully we can help.

System Details
Old 03-05-2018, 07:19 AM

Thanks for getting back with me, regarding the interface, I'm using a simple PreSonus Audio USB Audio box. Yes, it works with my other DAW which is Digital Performer 9. When I start the program, after initial install, PT won't open at all. The screenshot I uploaded is all you see. I've tried starting the program both with and without my interface hooked up. Could this be a clocking issue? I have lots of stuff hooked up to my computer and at least one of them demands a 48k clock while everything else in my system defaults to 44.1. I had issues with DP crashing when I first installed it over this issue, but I was able to work it out by not allowing DP to access the 48k device when it starts. I've noticed that PT automatically sets up I/Os based on whatever is recognized by my sound card. DP allows you to choose your I/Os, master clock, project sample rate and bit depth before the audio engine loads. Is there a similar setup procedure for PT?
Old 03-05-2018, 10:55 AM

This certainly could be. You may want to try just one sample rate until you get things going. Also, try holding down the N key while PT starts. This forces a hardware refresh, which may get you past the error and to the point where you can select your interface.

System Details