Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 05-11-2006, 11:00 AM

Default Yamaha AW16G not listed in MIDI devices

I have a Yamaha AW16G I am trying to use as a controller for Pro Tools. In the manual for the Yamaha it says this is possible through the Peripherals menu, and to choose CS-10 for the type. This type is not listed under types and is therefore not an option. Also, when I try to intall the AW16G as a MIDI device in the MIDI setup, it is not a choice under the list of Yamaha machines. This is literally the first thing I am trying to accomplish in Pro Tools and it is giving me hell. Any suggestions?
Old 05-20-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Yamaha AW16G not listed in MIDI devices

Hi the OrangeChicken:

In the AW16G manual - page 155 "Using MIDI Remote Function Presets" - it lists the AW16G as only supporting Pro Tools on a MAC platform. So I guess you are out of luck.

I have my AW16G linked to Pro Tools LE on my MAC G5, but that doesn't help you on your Windows platform. No file install required, I had to download the correct CS-10 driver from Digi. I also have my AW16G linked to Cubase SE on my Windows laptop. That is using the file supplied on the AW16G CD. Once again, that is no help to you.
Finally I have my AW16G, or Pro Tools, acting as a Master to my Boss DR670 drum machine as a slave.

PM me if you have any questions about my set up. I only saw your post by chance as I usually only check the Pro Tools LE forums.

4string
Old 05-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Not sure if this will work for you, but you would download the Legacy MIDI Controllers for your version of Pro Tools for Windows:
www.digidesign.com/download/controllers

Then see the section in the MIDI Control Surfaces Guide included with the download for instructions on setting up your MIDI device to use the CS-10 profile:
appendix a
Using Other MIDI Control Surfaces
Old 05-20-2010, 01:28 PM

Hi 4string -
Saw your reply to OrangeChicken on PT not recognizing his Yamaha MIDI device. I have a similar issue with my DR670, which it looks like you are using successfuly. I am running PT 8.0.1 on a Windows system. I am just learning the MIDI side of things.

I have tried to configure PT for MIDI to set up the 670 following the steps through MIDI Studio. PT does not list the 670 in the instrument list under Boss, though it does list the 660 and 770. Does this mean I can't get PT to interface with the 670?

The manual says if you don't see the model just select "none" and move on. Tried that. I set up the MIDI track in my session but cannot seem to get a signal indicating that PT is getting anything from my 670.

I must be missing something. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?