Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Undocumented Fixes in 7.4

Thanks Digi!!!. There are a couple bugs I've had for the last couple of versions (clear back to 7.0) that have been fixed and not in the 7.4 New Features docs (as far as I can tell). These have driven me nuts for quite awhile now. I have two identical rooms and the problems appeared in both as I upgraded each.

First, I use a DoReMi V-1's for video on long form projects. Scrubbing has not stayed in sync since 7.0. Although I've complained for years nothing was done. This is now fixed!!! The V-1 performs flawlously - just like 6.9 and before.

Second, for short form (3 minutes or less) I just use a QuickTime through my Mojo for video. Since, 7.2 (I think), upon audition from the file list using Option-click on the file, the ProTools would eventually lock up. I was told this was a known bug but nothing had been done. If prelaying effects with a Quicktime, I either needed to translate the QT in my Avid to Avid video or prelay using the video in my ProTools computer window. This appears to be fixed as well. Audioting is working without incident.

Now, the only problem I still see is when bouncing to a QuickTime with two video files separated in the timeline by a second or two, instead of putting video black between the spots ProTools puts video white. Very annoying. This popped up in 7.3. How about an update to fix that one?
Mac 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Memory
OS 10.14.6
Soundminer, Izotope RX9, NUGEN Loudness Bundle, Waves Platinum, Restoration, and Surround bundles
Source-Connect, ISDN, Pitch Doctor, Pitch N' Time, etc.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Undocumented Fixes in 7.4

Yeah that's nice.
I am not sure whether it's been documented or not but now Window config can memorize the viewing size and position of movie window which I posted here to request loooong time ago. (It's not a bug though)
Old 11-12-2007, 07:01 PM

Scrubbing is much more responsive now. Definitely a time-saver for me.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:55 AM

Hey Blaine!

Is 7.4 worth the upgrade? 7.3 cs5 seems to be working fine, and I hate to upset the apple cart unless it's worth doing. I figured I'd wait until the first CS upgrade to get 7.4 to give Digi time to fix initial bugs. Is Elastic Audio useful for Post or is it mostly a music thing?

Mike
Old 11-13-2007, 11:59 AM

7.4 works so much better than 7.3 it is a worthy upgrade whether you use elastic audio or not. just my opinion, though...
Old 11-13-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:

Now, the only problem I still see is when bouncing to a QuickTime with two video files separated in the timeline by a second or two, instead of putting video black between the spots ProTools puts video white. Very annoying.
I keep a little QuickTime movie of video black just for this. Cut the appropriate length and span the gap. Easy.

Sonny Keyes
Ricochet Audio
Toronto

Rig 1: 2.8GHz Macbook Pro PT 12.7.1 Logic 10.3.2 Scarlett 18i20
Rig 2: 2.66 QuadCore Intel Xeon Logic 10.2.0 Scarlett 18i20 PTHD10.3.10