Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2009, 03:12 PM

Default Older PT Sessions not loading in 8?

Hello all!

I've been running PT MP 8 since it came out and everything has been perfect. However, tonight, I loaded in a couple sessions that were recorded in PT LE 6 and mixed PT MP 7 and am having problems.

None of the tracks have inputs assigned to them, yet one stereo track is pegged with a loud buzzing noise that sounds like a feedback loop. Also, the vocals are not playing in the vocal tracks, even though they're in the vocal tracks of the arrange window. One of the sessions, the vocals are playing in ALL tracks. The other session, if certain tracks are soloed, you can hear quiet distorted vocals. The drum and bass tracks can be heard if soloing, but no action on the Master meter and no output unless tracks are soloed. The I/O is set to default (my normal setting). I deleted and created a new Master fader but had the same results. I "saved a copy" and that didn't do anything either. I opened a new, blank session and imported the data with the same results on play back. I ran the Mac Utilities Disk and Permissions repair, rebooted everything and that didn't change the situation either.

I've loaded old PT sessions before with no problems. Any ideas as to what's going on this time? Thanks!

jt burke
Old 06-17-2009, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Older PT Sessions not loading in 8?

Today I loaded 2 sessions begun in 5.1.1 and worked up further with 6.4>6.9 and seemingly all worked fine(except for re-assigning midi tracks) in 8.0cs2.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Ableton Live 10/Presonus Studio 3
Old 07-17-2009, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Older PT Sessions not loading in 8?

I figured out what was causing the problem! The old mix session used 4 instances of the old Digirack De-esser from the Dynamics II bundle. I took the four instances off and that fixed the meters showing signal and the feedback loop. BUT, I still wasn't getting any signal to the Master buss, despite the fact that everything was routed properly. So, I simply re-assigned all the tracks to outputs 1-2 and ta-da! The session now loads and plays just as it should. I can use the Dynamics 3 de-esser or the one from my Waves bundle in place of the Dynamics II plug-in if needed.

Figured I'd post a follow up in case someone else has this issue.