Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 05-22-2019, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools cannot find (all) my aax plugins.

In the Quick reply field below Message I used the insert link to the right for the A. Can you please explain to me " for dummies" where this paper clip button is or how it look like. Thank you
Old 05-22-2019, 02:51 PM

Post a reply not a quick reply
Old 05-22-2019, 03:00 PM

Hi again. The last answer I can see from you is 11:13. I have to go to sleep now but maybe you would have time for a Skype/Teamviewer session tomorrow or ....
Old 05-22-2019, 03:02 PM

Yea Darryl, do you feel like having a video session with JesperT

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-22-2019, 03:07 PM

Nope, sorry not going there. I have pointed you at everything you need. Install Sandra and get that running. It is not hard, just take your time and follow the directions. Sandra reports are pretty much expected here for PC users getting help. If you are still stuck that then you might want to think about finding a repair center/paid consultant who can help you.... but they are not likely to know much about Pro Tools but maybe they could help you deal with suggestions/requests here.

Again, right now I am still trying to understand what exactly you have on your computer.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-22-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Yea Darryl, do you feel like having a video session with JesperT
I will actually fly to Europe and do this in person. If Christopher you agree to leave me alone in your studio for 10 minutes with a large suitcase

—-

Seriously Jesper I’m happy to help but you have to learn and get yourself sorted out. The only *critical* short terms stuff is saving any backups you have. Otherwise it’s a mess that’s been made and the worse thing to do is rush to do anything before understanding what exactly has happened to your system. And you need to learn how to manage/use your Windows system. So slow down, be careful and you will get help here.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:15 PM

The solution seems simple to me.

You mention you’re not very computer savvy. You don’t have the original Mac. You have the drive connected to the PC and ran a MacDrive trial that gave you access to the drive and data. Soooo... just purchase MacDrive and keep going.

Will you need that software in the future? Maybe not. But you’ve got yourself in a pickle and that software is relatively inexpensive. Just buy it, access the data and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2019, 04:21 PM

I want to see what is there. At the moment it may be that nothing is actually in place and useable. Is there even a HFS+ partition actually on the computer?

Note my question about wether Pro Tools ever ran with this was never answered.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I want to see what is there. At the moment it may be that nothing is actually in place and useable. Is there even a HFS+ partition actually on the computer?

Note my question about wether Pro Tools ever ran with this was never answered.

I’m going by the assumption that if he nuked his drive in the Mac and this is all he has, there must be PT sessions and data on this drive.

Totally agree that he needs to reinstall apps etc. but for a self confessed ‘non techs’ person, I think he should just buy MacDrive so he has access to that data.

At the end of the day, apps etc. can be reinstalled - his data can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2019, 05:08 PM

Buying MacDrive would be my next step, but I still would want to see Sandra.. there is so much confusion here I would not assume *anything*. There are only two relevant MacDrive products.... Standard 10 and Pro 10 (adds software RAID, so not needed). And if MacDrive can read sessions then the next step is to copy the sessions to NTFS and check they work there. But I want to see the drive partitions, free space, etc. to offer advice. And get some Windows backup software working