Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 05:36 AM

Default DAE was unable to communicate with Audio Hardware

Hello,

I am using PT TDM version 6.9 on Mac OS X. Use it nearly every day without issue. Several days ago I started to get this error: "DAE was unable to communicate with Audio Hardware -6004" and I can not launch PT.

I can not be sure, but I think a file could have been deleted erroneously, that is dragged to the trash and emptied. Another person who works there said he did some "cleanup". He swears he only deleted harmless files, but this problem start after he worked a session.

I tried reconnecting all cables again, but to no avail. I am having problems finding information about this error.

Any help would be appreciated. Dead in the water.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:59 AM

Default Re: DAE was unable to communicate with Audio Hardw

It's easy if you have 3 min to fix it?
If the answer is yes than simply perform a clean reinstalling of Pro Tools.
This will fix it all without headache.
Don't think about this too much.
Just save your PT preferences file wich is in Boot disk/users/username/library/prefernces/Pro Tools v6.9 Preferences. After a fresh installation put it back and your preferences are there.
Happy New Year and all the best!

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

PT HD⎪N v2024.3 Ultimate ● macOS Ventura 13.6.3
MacPro 7.1 (2019) 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W 16-Core ● 96 GB RAM
MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24