Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 09-06-2019, 07:56 PM

Default Virtual Soundcheck with Multiple IO units

I am having strange behavior with an S6L. I call it strange because it is not what I expected, but I do not know if it is supposed to work this way or not.

I am working with an S6L with 3 Stage 64 IO boxes connected, and a second S6L on the AVB network sharing the inputs for a broadcast mix. At my FOH console, if I try to create a protools session with Venue Link working, it only creates channels for the inputs that it sees on the first IO box. I'm only using about 30-40 channels most of the time, but it ignores anything above input 64. Is this a design limitation, or a configuration issue? I expected that it would find any channels patched to stage inputs, patch the corresponding outputs, and then virtual soundcheck would function. But I only have the channels patched to the first 64 preamps, and the rest are nonexistent. I have to manually patch direct outputs to protools in order to record, and then manually patch them back to the inputs to use them as virtual soundcheck sources.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:34 AM
Avid

Default Re: Virtual Soundcheck with Multiple IO units

This is the current behavior - Stage inputs are mapped to Pro Tools inputs 1 to 1, not counting if the channel is currently assigned or not.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:32 AM

Make sure you've enabled the 128 ch option in the Network section of Audio/MIDI Setup on your Mac. It sounds like the Mac only sees the E6 engine as 64 ch. Also, make sure that you're using a Mac Pro trashcan because those are the ONLY Macs currently qualified to run at 128 channels.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:36 PM
Avid

This is on purpose, and you'll see the patchbay match this, macs are by default set to only see 64 inputs. If you've got multiple stage boxes, enable 128 channel AVB on pro tools, and it will be able to see the inputs patched into the stage inputs above 64.

[email protected]