Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room

Old 11-19-2010, 11:58 AM

Default AIR User Blog User Input

Anyone on here a current AIR Users Blog user? I would think so, but don't want to be presumptuous.

I'm contemplating using it to learn more about Strike; however, I'm a bit leary.
1-Is it really worth paying for site access?
2-Is there much Strike content?
3-I notice it mentions "single user" limitations in the EULA and I'm concerned about that because I often view videos during work breaks and would also be using it at home.

I want to believe Strike (which I own, but haven't really dug into yet) can do what I need; however, watching the SD2 videos, I think I may have purchased the wrong drum program.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:24 PM

Default Re: AIR User Blog User Input

In reading the "Similar Threads" that attach to posts, I notice some "issues" with A.U.B.

I definitely don't mean to disrespect the site; however, I'm not finding any Digidesign/Avid/A.I.R. resources for Strike. I'm not one who spends hours searching the web for the stuff, but think there should be a lot more available through the Avid site than I've been able to find.

Please correct me if I'm blind and have completely overlooked resources.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:06 PM

I think you should direct your questions to Russ the owner of AIR...

What I know for sure:

a) There are many members of AIR users here...

b) The AIR users group is one of the best resources for all things AVID- it's not the only place- but it's a very good one- and probably worth the price of admission.

c) Russ negotiates exclusive promotions, saving users on the list a lot of money in addition to the support and news...
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:56 PM

I gladly donated to Russ. He has a ton of great videos that I still learn from(after 6 years of working Pro Tools). The videos are absolutely worth something. He also offers some great deals on plugins. Lots of good stuff there

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-19-2010, 07:13 PM

Also, the instruction vids are delivered in a very clear and concise manner, the pace is just right.
Some of the best around imho.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:32 AM

I did end up creating an account with AIR User's Blog and Russ was very helpful and responsive to a few quick inquiries. The videos are very good and Russ is great at moving through them thoroughly/efficiently on all levels.

That said; I've come to the unfortunate decision that, as a PPC owner, AIR no longer supports my workflow and have taken a different path. Toontrack and Superior Drummer have been my first experience along this path and have really set the bar. I'm blown away by their product.

Thanks for the few responses regarding my inquiry and thank you, Russ.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianiac5150 View Post
I did end up creating an account with AIR User's Blog and Russ was very helpful and responsive to a few quick inquiries. The videos are very good and Russ is great at moving through them thoroughly/efficiently on all levels.

That said; I've come to the unfortunate decision that, as a PPC owner, AIR no longer supports my workflow and have taken a different path. Toontrack and Superior Drummer have been my first experience along this path and have really set the bar. I'm blown away by their product.

Thanks for the few responses regarding my inquiry and thank you, Russ.
Apple no longer supports your workflow. Lay any blame on the right doorstep

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-07-2010, 12:23 PM

Yah really- the PPC platform is ancient computer history- eventually it will not be worth it for any developer to keep supporting it... Intel is really giving producers the sheer power they need for the modern audio tools they desire... the world of recording opened up to me in a very profound way when I made the jump into an Intel-based workflow...
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.