Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-18-2007, 03:31 PM

Default incomplete tasks dialog box - file routing

For the first time i've cleaned up all the non-used files in a session so I can back it up to a DVD archive, I've also gone back to the root directory where there was one or two unused files that didn't get deleted and I know they aren't in use. Upon opening this session again I'm getting a dailog box wanting to find these unused files, and when I exit to save another dialog box saying 'incomplete tasks' appears...

Before I burn down to DVD I want to remove this query, so i'm hoping someone can give me a 101 to stop this message. I'm sure it's basic but i've only just crossed to PT, so the basics are what I need to learn.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: incomplete tasks dialog box - file routing

Look in your regions bin for the italicized file names and remove them. They may be used in some alternate playlist that just isn't visible on the screen or something which is why they didn't get axed the first time,
Old 11-19-2007, 03:31 AM

Default Re: incomplete tasks dialog box - file routing

Just to add to Slim's advice. If there are a lot of files, Regions/Select/Offline will speed things up a bit.