Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2019, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Heat + Complete Plugin Bundle for all subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
Ok yup I see it is a “one off cost of $199.00” this is meant to be happening over the next 2-3 weeks which is perfect for me... Thanks for sharing
Yeah that is for a perpetual license and istead of $499 which is like $699 AUD you get that same perp licende of HEAT for $199 which as far as I seen never been discounted so for that price with the great integration in PT it is quite a nice option

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-19-2019, 09:05 PM

Hey Chris,

yup just waiting for this to come out in this price structure and I’m there....watched a couple of YouTube’s of Dave Hill talking and demonstrating HEAT, sounds sweet as bro and at that price makes it competitive with the alternative arche3 mentioned earlier Slate’s vtm and vmr. Btw how’s your new toy going? re: racing.... Hope ya had a win!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Yeah that is for a perpetual license and istead of $499 which is like $699 AUD you get that same perp licende of HEAT for $199 which as far as I seen never been discounted so for that price with the great integration in PT it is quite a nice option
And further to that and the looks to be huge savings of HEAT in the near future I have reallocated some those funds and brought them forward to this afternoons beer fund...... :) :)
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————

Last edited by xrekcor; 07-19-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Be great if Avid uncoupled Heat (it previously had to be on the same iLok as the PT 12+ HD license) - for those who buy the Perpetual Heat license and have multiple versions of Pro Tools on different iLoks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
???
Mine isn't. There's no such requirement.
Thanks for that – even if I’m somewhat puzzled! Avid states:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/T.../Where-is-HEAT
“HEAT is activated when the HEAT iLok license is present on the same iLok as the Pro Tools HD license bundle

When I plug in 2 iLoks (one has Heat + PT 12.4 HD, the other has PT 2019.6 Vanilla) I can see HEAT in the HD version, but not in 2019.6.
That’s why I assumed HEAT is still “coupled”. I’ll check it out further.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 07-19-2019, 09:18 PM

I’m with you brother I won’t be giving it up either..... maybe Avid are taking the broom through the place and giving handouts in prep for setting us perp’s free as in no longer offering updates and support for perp lic’s maybe a free upgrade to ultimate..... nudge nudge Avid.... I have 4 years to watch this play out before I need to cough up again I think things direction-wise will have settled by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerLe View Post
I hate subscription models...

And i will keep my F****** perpetual licence as long, as i can...

Avid you are going the wrong way... You are not Adobe...sry
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 07-19-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Thanks for that – even if I’m somewhat puzzled! Avid states:
“HEAT is activated when the HEAT iLok license is present on the same iLok as the Pro Tools HD license bundle

When I plug in 2 iLoks (one has Heat + PT 12.4 HD, the other has PT 2019.6 Vanilla) I can see HEAT in the HD version, but not in 2019.6.
That’s why I assumed HEAT is still “coupled”. I’ll check it out further.
That probably has to do with Vanilla 2019.6 not primed for Heat yet.
HD doesn't have that issue.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3.1, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire Max11 x 2, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.6 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 07-19-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
That probably has to do with Vanilla 2019.6 not primed for Heat yet.....
Avid states:

Starting in version 11.0, Pro Tools includes HEAT as a System Plug-in (within the Pro Tools Application package) and does not require separate installation.

https://www.avid.com/plugins/heat
HEAT is compatible with Pro Tools and Pro Tools | Ultimate.

Thanks for your info - I'm going to check this out more, tomorrow.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 07-20-2019, 07:55 AM

Don't eat the crumbs Avid is tossing out to get people over to Subscriptions...if for no other reason than they are from "day old bread". :)

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 07-20-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
That sounds a whole lot better..... will $199.00 buy it outright or is there a yearly sub on top? Can’t quite work that out.... but will keep reading
I would rather spend US$ 29 in Waves NLS. You won't get system integration, but it gives you 3 flavours of awesome console warmth(with emulation of all the non linearities of 32 channels and busses) for a fraction of the price and without that subscribe bull.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:14 PM

So what's the reward for hard-working studios that paid full price for Heat?
Old 07-20-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEng1 View Post
So what's the reward for hard-working studios that paid full price for Heat?
The blessing of being able to turn out many more great mixes for years before the discounted Heat on all Protools systems was available.

But now you better start working even harder cause now everyone has access to it and can turn out just as many great mixes in their mom’s basement between their part time job at the local coffee house and their part time classes at the local community college.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One