Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2013, 02:51 AM

Default Windows vista

Hello everyone, I have a laptop with windows vista and when I bought my audio interface which comes with pro tools software I was told it would work with vista. But when I try to install it it says the software is not compatible. Amy advice? Has anyone else got vista with pro tools? Please help! I'm a beginner with all this!
Old 07-31-2013, 01:51 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Windows vista

Hi Amy,

I see from your registration that you just got the Fast Track Solo w/Pro Tools Express. Pro Tools Express will not work on Vista.

The current version of Pro Tools Express is this:
Pro Tools Express 10.3.4 Info & Downloads
Quote:
Version 10.3.4 is officially qualified and recommended for:
  • Pro Tools Express systems with Mbox (3rd Gen), Mbox Mini (3rd Gen), Fast Track Solo and Fast Track Duo on Mac OS X 10.7.4, 10.7.5, 10.8, 10.8.2, 10.8.3 or Windows 7 SP1
There is also a link to a list of officially qualified Windows computers with Pro Tools Express 10.3.4, but that doesn't necessarily mean your computer will not work if it is not on that list. But you would need to have Windows 7.

If you start by giving some details about your laptop, hardware and software specs, then other users here can start to help you out.

The Help us Help You page is a good place to start, and you can read about how to provide a Sandra report that will list your computer components.

If you do want to upgrade to Windows 7, you should first make sure that your laptop will work with Windows 7. Again, more details will help us help you.

Since you just bought it, and may not be able to upgrade to Windows 7, then you may want to talk to the store where you bought it and see if it is returnable.

Or if you decide not to return it or cannot, then you may want to look into using the Fast Track Solo without Pro Tools Express for now, by finding an audio program that will work via ASIO with your interface on Vista.

Then you could still use Pro Tools Express if and when you do upgrade to Windows 7 or have a different computer with Windows 7.

Welcome to the forums, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moving this to the Pro Tools Express for Windows forum
Old 07-31-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
Hi Amy,

I see from your registration that you just got the Fast Track Solo w/Pro Tools Express. Pro Tools Express will not work on Vista.

The current version of Pro Tools Express is this:
Pro Tools Express 10.3.4 Info & Downloads

There is also a link to a list of officially qualified Windows computers with Pro Tools Express 10.3.4, but that doesn't necessarily mean your computer will not work if it is not on that list. But you would need to have Windows 7.

If you start by giving some details about your laptop, hardware and software specs, then other users here can start to help you out.

The Help us Help You page is a good place to start, and you can read about how to provide a Sandra report that will list your computer components.

If you do want to upgrade to Windows 7, you should first make sure that your laptop will work with Windows 7. Again, more details will help us help you.

Since you just bought it, and may not be able to upgrade to Windows 7, then you may want to talk to store where you bought it and see if it is returnable.

Or if you decide not to return it or cannot, then you may want to look into using the Fast Track Solo without Pro Tools Express for now, by finding an audio program that will work via ASIO with your interface on Vista.

Then you could still use Pro Tools Express if and when you do upgrade to Windows 7 or have a different computer with Windows 7.

Welcome to the forums, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moving this to the Pro Tools Express for Windows forum
Nice save. Mission accomplished.

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers
Old 07-31-2013, 02:21 PM

Whoa where did all the posts go ???
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:53 PM

Quietly smothered by Bruce with a pillow. It was a mercy killing.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Quietly smothered by Bruce with a pillow. It was a mercy killing.
some of you should thank him for it..

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers