Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins

Old 11-07-2014, 10:54 AM

Default Is it possible to use Amplitube 3 on a stereo aux track?

My question: Is it possible to set up Amplitube 3 on a stereo aux track so that you can bus multiple guitars to it at once (thereby saving processing on guitar doubles and such where you would have the same fx).

I've done it with both the multi-channel and multi-mono plugs and they each present their own problem.

Multi-Mono: Only things on the left side go through the plug (pedals and amp and all). Anything bussing in from the right will come through dry. Doesn't even really make sense.

Multi-Channel: Things will come in from the left and right effected, but will all be panned center, regardless of being panned hard left and right on the stereo aux itself.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 11-07-2014, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Is it possible to use Amplitube 3 on a stereo aux track?

IIRC, amplitube is set up for processing a mono guitar going in, not stereo signals. So things get a little weird when doing what you are describing.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:07 PM

⇧⇧ That! ⇧⇧

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-09-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenjb View Post
IIRC, amplitube is set up for processing a mono guitar going in, not stereo signals. So things get a little weird when doing what you are describing.
One workaround would be to make two mono AUXes and insert mono Amplitubes on them. Of course you would have to duplicate their settings. And then send bussed signals to them via a stereo bus.