Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 06-10-2014, 07:45 AM

Default Session wouldn't save with strange alert

I was working on a session last night and made some edits to this and that and then went to save and got this strange alert box with the message Can't save session because while translating tracks" (or close to that) That's not even a sentence! What the heck does this mean and what causes it?

Old 06-10-2014, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Session wouldn't save with strange alert

Google "because while translating tracks".
You'll get hundreds of hits.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Google "because while translating tracks".
You'll get hundreds of hits.
More like about 10 hits...but I had done that first. The only thing that might make sense is that there we a couple of regions missing when I opened the session...said there were missing audio files and I click to auto find an re-link. (Another feature with PT that I've never understood...at all!)

What I don't get is why would Avid create a pop up alert with an incomplete sentence. "Unable to save session because while translating tracks" is NOT an english sentence. Doesn't tell you anything! "Because while translating tracks...WHAT???? (ie 'unable to locate missing audio file or audio files missing or something similar would help) or "Because...WHAT (unable to locate missing files or corrupted audio files)...while translating tracks"? At least that would be more helpful!

Old 06-10-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
More like about 10 hits...but I had done that first. The only thing that might make sense is that there we a couple of regions missing when I opened the session...said there were missing audio files and I click to auto find an re-link. (Another feature with PT that I've never understood...at all!)

What I don't get is why would Avid create a pop up alert with an incomplete sentence. "Unable to save session because while translating tracks" is NOT an english sentence. Doesn't tell you anything! "Because while translating tracks...WHAT???? (ie 'unable to locate missing audio file or audio files missing or something similar would help) or "Because...WHAT (unable to locate missing files or corrupted audio files)...while translating tracks"? At least that would be more helpful!
lol...

sounds pretty reasonable your argument to me...!