How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2014, 08:19 AM

Default Session not opening

Hello guys,

I'm actually working on 2 projects, one of them keeps freezing before opening the session; when the dialog box says : "Reading Overviews"
Each time its stops on a different file name, its not like one file is corrupt or something.
So I create a new session, import all the tracks from the last session and it works great till I turn off and come back the next morning on a session that doesnt open and bugs in the same way...
While the other project, is heavier in track and plugins and still working great,
Any body would have a clue on how and why...

I'm on Win 7 Sp1, PT 10.3.9

---
I tried deleting the volumes
I tried deleting the wavecache
----
The movie in that session is a proxy pro res
(and the only weird thing I had on it is that the sound file of the movie comes in on a stereo track where I have 2 names with .L and .R
While usually the other movies Comes in with only one name on that stereo clip. Here the name Are divided one over the other...
I dunno if all that makes sense ... )

Thanks a lot on any hint or solution...
Old 08-24-2014, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Session not opening

First thing that comes to mind is to go into your preferences and make sure that "copy files on import" is checked. It might be creating overviews because it has to look for the files.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Session not opening

Sure that's what i did each time...
I wouldn't take the risk to link them...

But, I just noticed now that the version without the movie opened without any problem...

I don't get it.. it was working very well before with the same video...
Weird