How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2014, 03:33 AM

Default Meter activity but no audio output when monitoring audio input

Hi,

I am trying to record audio from hardware synths which I then edit in PT. All was working fine up until a few hours ago when the monitoring of incoming audio suddenly stopped. I am now left in the following situation:

- playback of recorded/imported audio outputs as normal
- recorded and live MIDI plays back and outputs as normal (and triggers notes on the synths)
- when I play MIDI in realtime I see audio activity on the meters of the incoming audio track (record enabled + auto input monitoring), HOWEVER, no audio goes to the master track (audio is also coming into the soundcard)
- if I record this same track whilst playing back (with the same settings), the audio is recorded but the incoming audio is not sent to the master track
- if I then playback what I have recorded (settings remaining the same) then the recorded audio IS output

- just to complicate matters; when I play back a recorded MIDI sequence I DO NOT see or hear any audio until after I stop playback, when any decay/reverb shows as audio activity on the meter but again without outputting audio

I have had a search but cannot find anything in the help or on this forum which helps so sorry if I am simply missing something, however any help that you can give is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Chris
Old 04-03-2014, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Meter activity but no audio output when monitoring audio input

Sorry I missed my specs from the signature:

MacBook Pro (retina mid 2012), 2.6 GHz core i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, Focusrite Pro 24, Pro Tools 10.3.8
Old 04-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Focusrite

Hi christarren,

I would like to assist you but will need more information about your versions of MixControl, connections, etc.

Can you please contact us directly so we can assist you better?

http://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

Best regards.

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/
Old 04-04-2014, 12:09 AM

Hi Katherine,

I'm running MixControl v3.3 and the firmware on my Pro24 is v2761. It is connected to the Thunderbolt port on my mac using a firewire 400-->800 cable and then Apple's firewire-->TB adapter. As a note, this problem is only materialising with PT. All other DAWs and other audio software works fine so I can only assume that the issue is somewhere within the PT side.

Thanks for your help
Chris
Old 04-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Focusrite

Hi Christian,

I am assuming here that you are trying to Monitor incoming audio in Pro Tools rather than Saffire MixControl (Hardware Monitoring).

I think maybe you changed your Input Monitoring in Pro Tools from Input Only to Auto Input or vice versa.

This is found in Pro Tools Track Menu > Auto Input Monitoring or Input Only Monitoring Selection or Command + K.

You can also Monitor Audio in Saffire MixControl rather than in Pro Tools. To do this go to Saffire MixControl and hit File > Restore Factory Defaults, or switch to the Ultra Low Latency or Zero Latency Routing Preset.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Best regards.

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/