How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2010, 12:10 PM

Exclamation 11 Rack ON/OFF Sound Glitch

Hi There, first post on this site.

My Problem is that when i start 11 Rack, sometimes there is no sound coming out either from speakers or the phone jack, and i have 2 cut the power of and on many times (2 - even 10 times) before it comes back and i can work again. This really pisses me off, especially when i really need it for my work. will be happy for any advice and help.

(I have everything updated to the newest firmwares both PT and eleven rack)

Respectfully Ion.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:39 PM

Default Re: 11 Rack ON/OFF Sound Glitch

Sounds like you have a bad unit. Should contact tech support. They will go over some troubleshooting stuff w you and if it still don't work they will issue you and rma.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 09-30-2010, 02:28 PM

This is a known issue with the 11R:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=273395

What is really annoying is that about more than two and a half months after Avid has identified the cause for this issue (some defective capacitors) there are still defective units in circulation. Avid claims they cannot track this issue down to a particular batch of units, so in the end it is your/our problem (guitardom can speak from his own experience) ...

My 11R exhibited some strange behaviour like adding volume and some nasty distortion while playing with a clean preset dialed. I was lucky I was not playing over my headphones. After nearly two weeks I am still waiting for a response from Avid Tech Support whether this might also be caused by defective capacitors (I don't want to send it back to my dealer on spec and receive a replacement unit that someday will exhibit the same strange behaviour. I do not want my ear-drums being damaged because of defective components in my gear). I would really like to sell my unit, but I am having some qualms about doing so because I certainly don't want anybody else's ear-drums to be toasted ;-)

Contact your dealer and ask for a replacement unit. Good luck!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:32 PM

Ah, great work Avid...

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=283187
Old 09-30-2010, 02:51 PM

Moin, moin, fsb1,

schöne Grüße von der Waterkant Hast Du dein Gerätchen bei justmusic gekauft?

Yep, great work or great quality management ... But on the other hand: If they want to offer the 11R at a competitive price they have to use cheap bulk freight ...
Old 09-30-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf_T View Post
This is a known issue with the 11R:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=273395

What is really annoying is that about more than two and a half months after Avid has identified the cause for this issue (some defective capacitors) there are still defective units in circulation. Avid claims they cannot track this issue down to a particular batch of units, so in the end it is your/our problem (guitardom can speak from his own experience) ...

My 11R exhibited some strange behaviour like adding volume and some nasty distortion while playing with a clean preset dialed. I was lucky I was not playing over my headphones. After nearly two weeks I am still waiting for a response from Avid Tech Support whether this might also be caused by defective capacitors (I don't want to send it back to my dealer on spec and receive a replacement unit that someday will exhibit the same strange behaviour. I do not want my ear-drums being damaged because of defective components in my gear). I would really like to sell my unit, but I am having some qualms about doing so because I certainly don't want anybody else's ear-drums to be toasted ;-)

Contact your dealer and ask for a replacement unit. Good luck!
Thanks for answering.

i checked the other threads and tried the reset memory thing it worked but i'm skeptic, if it is a hardware problem (defective capacitors) no idea what that is but the problem will still be there right?, so maybe replace it with a new one.

Thanks // Jon
Old 09-30-2010, 03:32 PM

I guess you can assume that this is a hardware issue (capacitors or other components, Avid keeps shtum about that). If you are having a hardware issue you can expect it to occur again. I had three issues with the 11R in 5 days:

- treblish sound without any bass and mids
- no sound at all
- adding volume and nasty distortion while having dialed in to a clean preset

I have gone rid of the first two issues by doing a memory resets, and the third issue was gone after a restart. I do not know whether any of these issues occured again because after the last issue occured I did not play over the 11R any more. I am not interested in getting to know other issues the 11R has up it's sleeve for me ...
Old 09-30-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Thanks for answering.

i checked the other threads and tried the reset memory thing it worked but i'm skeptic, if it is a hardware problem (defective capacitors) no idea what that is but the problem will still be there right?, so maybe replace it with a new one.

Thanks // Jon
if you can swap it with your dealer i would do it w no hesitations. as a matter of fact, you should probably get off the computer and go get it done!!!!

i have purchased 3 units, and all 3 of them had to be returned and repaired to make a long story short....

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 09-30-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
if you can swap it with your dealer i would do it w no hesitations. as a matter of fact, you should probably get off the computer and go get it done!!!!

i have purchased 3 units, and all 3 of them had to be returned and repaired to make a long story short....
Yepp i will contact my dealer tomorrow. Need it double time ASAP!!!
thanks for all information and help.

Thanks // Jon
Old 09-30-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post

One last question. Why nott repair it? Or is it safer to swap it?

Thank you // jon