Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Attention Avid Audio: Where do I send the bill?

I'm sort of glad to see this thread, because I was worried that I had a defective MBox 2 or something!

Any news on the fix? I've had 3 incidents of burst, each time they almost gave me a heart attack and left my ears ringing
Old 03-20-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgillicudy View Post
I'm sort of glad to see this thread, because I was worried that I had a defective MBox 2 or something!
On this subject, I've seen people spend their valuable money replacing computer components and even their hardware I/O because they thought the problem was on their end. I do take issue with software bugs that make the user do this.

Quote:
Any news on the fix? I've had 3 incidents of burst, each time they almost gave me a heart attack and left my ears ringing
Not good to hear. I recommend rolling back to 8.0.1cs1.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 03-20-2010, 09:56 PM

Shane, I don't have your email address, and your profile only lists your skype contact info...

Would you please shoot me an email at pokeefe777 at msn dot com?

I'll try to go look up the links for the threads I posted over on HC for you - it's been a week or two since I posted those... one on "my" forum, one on the HC Effects forum, and one on Craig Anderton's forum...

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
Shane, I don't have your email address, and your profile only lists your skype contact info...

Would you please shoot me an email at pokeefe777 at msn dot com?
Done.

Ah yes, I got rid of my email in my DUC profile a few years back because of an extremely large volume of people wanting personal one on one tech support. No offense to anyone, but I do feel you can get your answers here faster on the DUC. If I see it and I have a solution, I will reply. If I feel others will jump on it faster with a better solution or the info can be easily acquired elsewhere, I'll let it go. That said, it's not like DUCers haven't hunted me down on Skype.

Shane

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 03-20-2010, 10:18 PM

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2556365

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2556598

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2556373

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2556370

There you go Shane.

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:28 PM

Also, as opposed to what it says in some of those threads I just linked to, I have since experienced the white noise issues under a wide range of conditions and circumstances - not just with multi-mic / multi-track recording sessions. Tonight I got it while recording a mono acoustic guitar overdub on a session with one stereo track, ten mono drum tracks and two mono electric guitar tracks. No MIDI, no instrument tracks, and no plugins.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason or consistent pattern to it. Sometimes it happens, other times it doesn't. But once it DOES happen, the session is much more susceptible to recurring issues with it.

I do get the actual noise on the recorded track when it occurs. It's visible (and playable) in the waveform.

I've tried resetting my word clocking to something else (from internal to ADAT, or vise versa) with success a few times, but the vast majority of the time, I have to completely shut down the computer and reboot in order to "clear" the problem.... and sometimes, it's only a very short time before it recurs. Other times, it might be a day... or three.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:38 PM

I'm still waiting for my cs2 download. Just wanted to know any results from anyone testing right now if any.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
I have many times over invested in current technologies only to see them pass. My original analog studio required over a half million just to open the doors. That does not make me angry with the MBox. We need to learn to embrace change.
And on this note, I say no more. It's way past time for Avid Audio to move on.

Shane

Old 03-21-2010, 07:23 AM

I have been testing the M-Powered cs2. So far I have left it running for about 9 hours. I mixed a session that I originally had problems with, and also did some punch recording on that session (which originally I had white noise). I also started 2 more projects (V.I. drums to 10 tracks of audio with EZD) and guitars using Eleven LE, and 3 mics on my marshall cab. I even set up 6 mic's near my living room and hit record while watching a movie for 2 hours.

So far I have had no noise. today I will be moving around a lot of sessions to different disks. This has given me issues a lot in the past.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
I have been testing the M-Powered cs2. So far I have left it running for about 9 hours. I mixed a session that I originally had problems with, and also did some punch recording on that session (which originally I had white noise). I also started 2 more projects (V.I. drums to 10 tracks of audio with EZD) and guitars using Eleven LE, and 3 mics on my marshall cab. I even set up 6 mic's near my living room and hit record while watching a movie for 2 hours.

So far I have had no noise. today I will be moving around a lot of sessions to different disks. This has given me issues a lot in the past.
Let us know how you get on.... I use both M-Powered and LE, but I use M-Powered more.

"Well, of course, their requests for subsidies was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know thats the way it will always be. Is that clear?"- Chevy Chase, Spies Like Us.
Closed Thread