Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 09-18-2018, 11:10 AM

Default Bouncing out or saving as individual files

It's been a few years since I've done this and I've forgotten how. If I have a long training narration that I am cutting into numbered files so they will match the numbers of the powerpoint slides, isn't there a way to save or bounce them out where they will retain their file names? It seems I could do this in batch form years ago, but there would be no processing done on them in that kind of bounce or save. Since I have 2,650 named files, I'd certainly hate to have to save them one at a time. I'd love to just select the whole lot and have PT (12.7 HDX) save them all as separate named files. Did I just dream I used to be able to do that? I hope someone remembers or knows how to do it.
Thanks,
Steve
Old 09-18-2018, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Bouncing out or saving as individual files

"Export Clips as Files"
The files will have the clip names.
Select all your clips. Shift+Cmd+K
Tell it what folder you want to put them in
(how to deal with duplicates in case there are two clips named the same thing is in the dialogue box)
Old 09-18-2018, 04:02 PM

Thanks so much for reminding me, I remember now. That will make a huge difference with this many files.
Steve
Old 09-18-2018, 04:05 PM

Exporting the files will not include any real-time processing, volume, pan or mute automation - nothing that isn't already in the file.

One way to do it, if you have real-time automation, although if you haven't set it up correctly, it can be a pain, especially with the number of files you have:

As you edit files, consolidate them and make sure they butt up to each other, putting any real-time automation in place as you go. Bounce out all the files as one file and import back into the session and line it up with the original track. Put the Grid in Clips and Markers, turn Grid on and use "Separate On Grid" making sure only the two tracks are shown and you have no Markers. You now have all your clips processed and separated. Now use Batch Rename to name all the Clips and Export them.

Or, if you have no real-time automation, AudioSuite your processing using Clip by Clip, Batch Rename and export them.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction