How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2018, 02:06 AM

Default 1 Years subscription - Missing something

Hi

I own a Protools 12 HD License and can run PT until 12.7.

When my HD plan was about to expire (december 2016), I didn’t purchase the 399$ annual plan for upgrades. Now I have no current upgrade plan.

Now I’d like to upgrade to the last version of PT. If I understand correctly my options are :
- I can buy a Perpetual Ultimate License for 2499$ + 399$ each year after the 1st year if I want to keep updating. If I don’t renew after year 1, I’ll be able to use the last upgrade available during the year of my purchase for the time I want
- I can buy a 1 year ultimate upgrade for 999$ + 999$ each year after the 1st year. If I don’t renew after year 1, I will have to come back to my current version of PT (HD 12)

What I don’t understand is that, on the mail Avid sent me to purchase a 399$ upgrade plan in december 2016, they mentionned at the end of the mail that :
«*If you choose not to renew your All Access plan, you will no longer have access to the latest Pro Tools updates and upgrades. However, your perpetual license will continue to work for the last Pro Tools | HD version you received in your account. You can reinstate your upgrade plan anytime after it expires by purchasing a Pro Tools | HD Upgrade Reinstatement Plan for $999 (with $399/year renewals thereafter)*»

That seems fair to me. But I don’t see any solutions that allows me to renew for 999$ and then 399$ / year after year 1.

Am I missing something ?

Thank you for your help, I’m a bit lost
Old 09-03-2018, 03:14 AM

Default Re: 1 Years subscription - Missing something

This is the plan you want to get if you have an expired HD plan.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...e-expired-plan

Right now it is 20% off that usual $999 price so get it while you can. Includes a 1 year support plan and after that year you can renew in time for $399 as you mentioned in your post.

Best /
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————