Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-08-2009, 10:10 AM

Default melodyne essential

I've just upgraded to 7.4 on Tiger, and am trying to get everything up and running, including some plug-ins and add-on that have sat idle for awhile, before cloning a final drive before upgrading to Leopard/PT 8.

In my applications folder, there is Melodyne Essential 1.5. When I try to launch it, I get the window calling for registration, serial numbers, etc.

The problem is, I can't remember how this got on my drive, but it must have been with a PT upgrade bundle of some sort, or a PT free offer for users.

Celemony isn't being responsive saying I must have a serial number on a card, and a disk etc., but can't find anything ....and I'm very good at keeping track of that stuff.

So does anyone remember which bundle or free offer this was a part of so I can narrow down my search? I can't imagine how else this would have gotten on my drive since there is not even a demo available from Celemony.

I know it's a stretch, but just trying to jog your memory banks. I'd like to get this running.

Mark
Old 02-08-2009, 10:39 AM

Default Re: melodyne essential

I got my original Essential demo when I bought my HD1. It was part of the extra discs with Reason Adapted, Live etc. This is a pretty limited version of Melodyne, but it was enough for me to buy the plugin version which is awesome! The serial number should be on the card that came with those CD's...
Old 02-08-2009, 02:37 PM

I just checked and with my HD2 I got something called a HD pack 6.0, which does not include it, and "Bundlemania" which has Ableton, Reason and IK T-Racks 3 EQ, but no Melodyne.

Later came Massive Pack 4 Pro with an Accel card and a bunch of plug-ins, but not on that list either.

I wonder if it came with a PT version upgrade, or a free download from Digi?

It's just a mystery to me why it is in my applications folder.

On my PC rig I'm a slob, but my Pro Tools rig is meticulous.

Mark
Old 02-09-2009, 01:27 AM

I got it with the ignition pack, it might have come to you via an upgarde download as you said earlier. If it's in the way, just trash it from the plug-ins folder.
S6 M10
SSL Duality, AWS924, AWS948, Nucleus
All Mac
Old 02-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Avid

It would have come with Ignition Pack or (long ago) Bundlemania. If it was working on your computer at some point, you would have had to register on the Celemony site - are you sure you can't log in there to access updates? Have you checked your MyDigi page, as newer Ignition packs would have all the details for each software app in your account.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
It would have come with Ignition Pack or (long ago) Bundlemania. If it was working on your computer at some point, you would have had to register on the Celemony site - are you sure you can't log in there to access updates? Have you checked your MyDigi page, as newer Ignition packs would have all the details for each software app in your account.
OK, now we are getting somewhere. Thanks for the reply.

I have "Bundlemania" that came with HD2 purchased late 2005/early 2006. But I can't find a disk or registration card. I think what may have happened is it fell through the cracks when I upgraded the OS and/or PT and wiped the disk for a fresh install.

When I first bought PT, I came from the PC world, and I was overwhelmed by the Mac and Pro Tools learning curve, so something could have gotten left behind. It could have been installed and registered, but never upgraded.

Celemony has no record of my email address. Does the Bundlemania issued late 2005/early 2006 sound like a possibility?

Mark