Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2012, 02:36 PM

Default Video Satellite LE enough for basic lock?

Can Video Satellite LE perform the same basic lock-ability as the full Satellite Link package to just take the place of LTC chasing?

I don't need to be controlled by another rig, don't need solos to follow or any of that.

Thanks.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Video Satellite LE enough for basic lock?

Never mind. I found this:

Not Supported: Audio playback on the Pro Tools/Video playback system has not been tested, and may not be in sync with audio playback on the Pro Tools|HD or HD Native system
Old 06-07-2012, 09:34 PM

I would love to hear from someone that has been able to test the audio sync between two system of a video satellite.

If both systems are genlocked and wordclocked to the same master clock why would it not work? Guess it's only frame accurate not sample accurate??

Pro Tools 10.3.9 HDN | HD Omni | Digi Command 8 | Artist Transport | Digi Surround Panner | Blackmagic Intensity Pro | JBL LSR4328 5.1
2.26GHz 8 Core Nehelam 8GB Ram OSX 10.8.5
Old 06-09-2012, 10:14 AM

It depends on how you set it up. If you run VSLE with a Sync HD, locked to a common reference which is also providing video ref for the video output card (and the video output card is setup correctly) then VSLE should provide frame edge accurate sync. If these conditions are not met then you'll only get frame accurate sync rather than frame edge accurate sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picture Start View Post
Not Supported: Audio playback on the Pro Tools/Video playback system has not been tested, and may not be in sync with audio playback on the Pro Tools|HD or HD Native system
Either I've misunderstood your question or you've misunderstood AVID's statement. What AVID is saying is that audio playback on the satellite (video) computer system has not been tested and may not be in sync. Audio playback on the actual audio computer (adminstrator) system will be in sync, that's the whole point of the VSLE.

G