Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 05-18-2014, 03:23 PM

Default Re: How to Midi key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentinoz View Post
Hello Shan, and thank you for the link.
I ran it through, and managed to be complete all the steps when testing MIDI-Input, and came to the very last point of testing MIDI-Output, but was unable to hear sound played at the very end.
You won't be hearing any sounds running this test. It's purpose is to see if the keyboard registers any note on/note off messages.

Quote:
5. Pressing keys on your MIDI keyboard should register Note On and Note Off messages in the Monitor Window.

Quote:
If MIDI-OX registered the MIDI events from your device, it is installed and working properly.
Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 05-19-2014, 12:22 AM

Hi again, Shan.
Sorry for describing my experience with the program abit unclear.
What i meant was, that when playing keys while testing ''Input'' they are all registered. It looks like the photo you've linked. However, when testing for ''Output'' (and i've been following the steps explained by the guides very precisely) there are nothing registered when hitting keys.

I've tried to download the newest drivers from Avid but nothing solves this.
I still have a theory of the problem being just a minor mistake i do not know of, and that those of you do, have missed.

Let me know if you are willing to do voice-chat or something like remote desktop/teamviewer.
I'm dying to make this work :).
And again - thanks for trying.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Hi again, Shan.
Sorry for describing my experience with the program abit unclear.
What i meant was, that when playing keys while testing ''Input'' they are all registered. It looks like the photo you've linked. However, when testing for ''Output'' (and i've been following the steps explained by the guides very precisely) there are nothing registered when hitting keys.
The MIDI output test is used for testing external synthesizers and sound modules. Your LX49 is a controller only and does not create any sound, hence that part of the test doesn't apply.

If the input registered data during the test, then you have confirmed that the controller is functioning and sending data to your computer. I myself would try establishing a MIDI connection in PT 10 as part of the trouble shooting. Set up a standard Instrument track and do not make any preference or option changes. This stuff should be working with the default settings.

Shane

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 05-19-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I have my Midi Key plugged in, in the back of my computer. I've downloaded the instrument plug-ins that comes free with Pro Tools 11, and i've opened the an instrument track, selected Mini Grand, and can press tones with my mouse, but my keyboard does not interact with the program, and there are no tones registered when i press a key.
How do i solve this problem?
Thank you!
What do you mean by "tones registered"? Do you see the meters move only, or do you actually hear a sound when pressing Mini Grand keys via the mouse on it's UI?

Have you manually drawn in MIDI notes in a track then pressed play and heard the VI through your monitor speakers?

Shane

Old 05-19-2014, 02:33 PM

I also suggest cleaning out and trashing your prefs. Use guitardom's Trasher to do this.

Shane

Old 05-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
I can't seem to find any links to download the latest driver.
You need to complete the steps listed on the Support page of their website:

http://www.nektartech.com/Support
Quote:
PRODUCT REGISTRATION
Register your Nektar product to gain
access to files in My Downloads.

A Nektar user account is required.
Quote:
MY DOWNLOADS
Installer files/downloads available
for your registered products.
You must have a Nektar
user account and be logged in
to our website, to gain access
Just because you bought the product new, it doesn't mean there might not be newer driver and firmware downloads available from their website.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:09 PM

Man this dude waited all that time before he said anything about using windows then didn't answer your last question. Pissed me off!! As for myself, I'm in the same situation but I am on an iMac i7 quad and my Nektar Impact LX 40 isn't recognized by my computer. I've looked everywhere in this system, even all the places you suggested to him but I cannot find where I can configure it so I'm thinking seriously about buying a midi keyboard that iMac will recognize and map automatically.
Any suggestions???
Also, I messed around earlier with Midi Setup to no avail. I changed the settings but don't know how to change them back. Any more suggestions.

Thank you for any help you are willing to give.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike37212 View Post
Man this dude waited all that time before he said anything about using windows then didn't answer your last question. Pissed me off!! As for myself, I'm in the same situation but I am on an iMac i7 quad and my Nektar Impact LX 40 isn't recognized by my computer. I've looked everywhere in this system, even all the places you suggested to him but I cannot find where I can configure it so I'm thinking seriously about buying a midi keyboard that iMac will recognize and map automatically.
Any suggestions???
Also, I messed around earlier with Midi Setup to no avail. I changed the settings but don't know how to change them back. Any more suggestions.

Thank you for any help you are willing to give.
I'm confused. You say you're on an iMac but your profile has a Windoze system. Which is it? And what operating system version are you using?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with your keyboard? Note entry, PT control, what? The Nektar looks like it doesn't support PT but you should still be able to use it for note entry at least. Make sure you have things properly setup in OSX Audio MIDI setup. Apple help is your friend there. For the MIDI part you just have to draw connecting cables to and from the keyboard and computer. And don't forget to load any drivers for the keyboard needed.

QAPLA!
Old 03-16-2016, 06:31 AM

I only installed the one, which came with the keyboard. A disc.
To return to your question before, under I/O my ''Input'' says ''no input'' and my ''Output'' says ''Main Out L/R (Stereo) -> Analog Output 1-2''
Old 03-16-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkitkat View Post
I only installed the one, which came with the keyboard. A disc.
To return to your question before, under I/O my ''Input'' says ''no input'' and my ''Output'' says ''Main Out L/R (Stereo) -> Analog Output 1-2''
I think you posted in the wrong thread. Don't know who or what you're responding to.

QAPLA!