Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2004, 11:14 PM

Default OT: Hear Technologies Hear Back

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HearBack4pk/

Opinions?

thing's i like:
uses cat5e which is cheaper and easier to customize than dsub on the furman units.
has ADAT input so i'm guessing i can use the ADAT output on the 002R instead of using
the analog outputs which would use up less wire space in my rack.
Price
and the mixer has limiters on them so u can have it set so if something goes wrong and
you get a pop or something it will help protect the persons ears by not getting too loud

things i don't like but not that big of deal...
the mixers can't be daisy chained u have to run a seperate cable for each mixer from the unit
but i can live with that because i probably wouldnt have more than 2 being used at the same time
Old 08-16-2004, 05:33 AM

Default Re: OT: Hear Technologies Hear Back

You should also check out the Aviom system www.aviom.com. It's more money, has 16 channels per mixer, and each channel has pan control which is something you don't get with the Hearback. You can also save up to 16 mix presets and create groups. I've had a chance to use both and the Aviom is much slicker than the Hearback. On the other hand, if you can use the ADAT out . . . that's cool.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:24 AM

Quote:
You should also check out the Aviom system www.aviom.com. It's more money, has 16 channels per mixer, and each channel has pan control which is something you don't get with the Hearback. You can also save up to 16 mix presets and create groups. I've had a chance to use both and the Aviom is much slicker than the Hearback. On the other hand, if you can use the ADAT out . . . that's cool.
this does seem really nice, i just don't feel that i need 16 inputs. plus i would need a D-A card for my 002R to use all 16 if i needed them... i also like how the mixers can be daisy chained, and panning is cool but not necesary.

what did u think about the quality of the Hearback when u used?
Old 08-16-2004, 11:18 AM

I'm pretty sure the Aviom system I tried had the mixers daisy chained. I also found that when going from the Hearback (which I tried first) to the Aviom the panning made a difference. I guess it felt a bit more luxurious! Sonically I thought both systems sounded really good.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:52 PM

cool thanks

i won't be getting any of these any time soon i just like to plan ahead

there are some things on my list that are more important than a headphone system
Old 08-16-2004, 05:58 PM

I use those a bunch.. but also use the smaller Furman which has less channels and also uses ethernet cables.. they both work well.

I recommend using the ADAT port if you're using LE and the Hear system to reduce latency.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••