Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2010, 10:48 AM

Default AirSoft (Dynaudio)

Have any of you gotten Airsoft (dynaudio Air controller) working on an Intel mac?
Old 11-17-2010, 12:46 PM

Default Re: AirSoft (Dynaudio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio Studio View Post
Have any of you gotten Airsoft (dynaudio Air controller) working on an Intel mac?
One of the only reasons that I keep my pc. I did not know that it was supposed to work on Mac, or if they had released a new version. I thought it was always PC only.. SB
Old 11-17-2010, 01:05 PM

I tried.

I failed.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:33 AM

Pretty weird they don't support Intel Mac's.
I think more than half their clients probably use them...
Old 02-20-2012, 09:54 PM

This is so frustrating....ppc only what the? I have a 5.1 Air 6 and a pair of Air 15s.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:16 AM

Yeah, that really sucks. I guess they stopped caring.
I contacted support about this a year ago:

"Airsoft is not TC Electronic focus because users (and this is a fact) hardly use it. When you ask users if they have a connection between Air and their computer (PC or Mac) 95% do not even have the cable for that or have lost it.
On the other hand the remote is widely used.
Should we have an important request for such an update, it would be done, but you are the second person to request this update in the passed year. So the seven other Air users that need it would be welcome to write to us, then I can pass it to product management, that would have much more impact."
Old 02-21-2012, 01:34 AM

Thanks for the fast reply,

I think its 2 things here for this:

1. The cables to make this connection are not standard so out of the box mac users never bothered. When did a mac last have a serial port, was it a G4? So I think a lot of guys didn't see the point. I bought a USB to ethernet only to discover the software doesn't work on my new Mac Pro.

2. The Air system is still soooooo underrated and under publicized. I was shocked to travel to Winter Namm in 2011 and TC did not even have single Air system at the show. So I think we donut have the user base that say the other big guys have.

The software is so important for full facilities of the concept. The hardware remote can only handle 4 presets and walking up to the speaker to tweak is so painful in terms of not being in the sweet spot an being able to tweak.

I have 2 rooms booth with airs as we are a commercial facility making content for TV, Radio, Gaming and Music and will look at buying an old powerbook just to run this.

Also can you help I am having trouble with our Air 15s not wanted to remember their presets.

I am building a new preset while one is loaded and then saving it to the preset next door but both are being altered. Have I forgotten something obvious?

Many thanks for your help.

Tk

www.stlaudio.co.nz
Old 02-21-2012, 01:45 AM

Default Make your voice heard!

Go here are ask them to make an update to the Airsoft for intel. Who knows with enough requests they might do it.

It only takes 2-3mins and I think its worth it.

http://tcsupport.custhelp.com/app/ask