Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2009, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE to HD upgrade special: Open discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
What is obvious keybeeetsss is that this is a marketing strategy to overturn our opinions and less about our concerns, for if it was the latter, we'd be talking to Principal Engineers and not Segment Marketing Manager, Professional.

filosofem
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS40 View Post
Really depressing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar97 View Post
Everyone knew that this swap out was only a "bait and switch" program.

It sounds like a "fire sell" (In other words If avid/digi does not sell x-amount of these you are all fired).

I think we are all wasting our breath. They don't care and if they did they would at least answer or face the heat. Notice how this all started out real nice then a couple of people threw in the reality check..then it all got quiet.

I can tell you this I have been testing out logic for the past 6 months and it is such a fresh breath of air for me. Everything works. I realize there will be some different configurations on everyone;s PC but i have yet to even need to ask a question about this DAW. It does have a learning curve but nothing more than finding it in a help file or forum. I love the editing in protools and a couple of other things but why go back once I finally go online with this system? Especially when they won't even give me a reason to stay.

Everything is always a secrete with you guys as well. Tell us something is coming and stick to it and the date. Good luck with your company. I really feel it is slipping right out of your hands. Next it will be Logic/Avid/Digidesign instead of just avid/digidesign. It will probably take another company that cares to buy and bail you guys out of the hole I really think you have dug for yourself.

Come on, MAN UP and talk to us. After all you started this. Finish it (if you still have your job). Be careful what you wish for when you want our opinion. We may not be as touchy feely as you guys are but we have been loyal to you when you have not reciprocated. This is business not personal. If your car breaks and the dealer won't work with you and your warranty you don't go back. If you go to a doctor and he does not help, you go to another doctor. I could make a hundred analogies but as I said we are really just wasting our breath and our time. I am only glad that I have not been as deep monetarily with you as others are.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me on this forum. I know I can always count on you. I would have left a LONG time ago if not for your help. DIGI has never said one thing that actually helped me that someone else did not answer first. You guys are the best and I will help anyone when I can.

SCAR
Well Filo, JSM, I think Scar really left a SCAR(97 on'eim to be exact)

Pretty much sums up a lot... I mean really, TONY, ur light has been on all day & u have nuthin else to say??? I mean yeah, it was all nicse & sweet of u to start this & chime in so defiantly earlier but I see once the crap hits, this is ALWAYS what happens...But then again, what is there to say I guess after a scam thread & the light has been seen from whence it has came from...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 10-21-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
Well Filo, JSM, I think Scar really left a SCAR(97 on'eim to be exact)
You know I really hate to speak with that tone but I know I speak for most. WE NEED TO KNOW WHEN WE SPEND OUR MONEY SOMEONE CARES AFTER THE SALE. Maybe they need to sit in on a session that has an angry mob including an angry producer that does not understand an error that causes you to restart your program. It does not ever happen until you really want to impress someone then boom! ERROR!

Most of the producers I work with have the opinion that there definition of sympathy is in between S..t and syphilis in the dictionary. They could care less that you have to do a "work around". I have yet to need one in the "NEW DAW". I don't want to leave a "SCAR" on anyone. I really hope for the best for everyone.

Sorry if I offended any of my colleagues on the forum but they asked questions and said they were "listening. As i said "be careful what you wish for".

I would REALLY love to see protools get out of this slump but I think they are too late. I have seen many studios in Houston, Austin and Dallas make the change or are in the process of doing it. Being a session player as well I see many studios in the U.S.

I am just tired of worrying about the equipment when I should be concentrating on the talent. The software should be the LEAST of our worries. Thanks to Sweetwater they are helping me make the change. I am sure they have had it with tech calls as well but have to remain neutral.

For all complaints click here

DAW
-
Digi003 PC-Sweetwater CS dual 3.0/Asus 975X Chipset/CPU dual 3.0GHz/800MHz FSB/RAM 4GB/Radeonx300se/4 internal glyph sata drives/ 3 external glyph backup drives/Acronis True Image OUTBOARD-UA LA-610, ADL-600, Digimax lt, Eureka x 2, Central Station, Hearback x 8, JBL LSR, Monster Power Software-PTLE 8.0, Sound Forge, CD Architect Plugins- Too many and too much money spent
Old 10-21-2009, 09:41 PM

Cool Re: Pro Tools LE to HD upgrade special: Open discussion

Hmmmm....

This is as much a joke as a skewed observation:

Remember GM? Remember them for years and years telling us how the Japanese cars were inferior cheap, crap? Remember what they have done to their loyal workers and users? Remember the ways in which they manipulated the marketplace to protect only themselves? And on and on...

Like I said, a skewered joke. Or maybe not. LOL.

It is what it is...

ScrewMakerMusic
Old 10-21-2009, 09:41 PM

Putting out a public beta of PTLE/MP with ADC implemented would do wonders for their image right about now...
Old 10-21-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar97 View Post
You know I really hate to speak with that tone but I know I speak for most.
I know..thatz why I said, that about sums it up... Ur pretty much sayin what we're sayin or have said BUT for u to say it in such a way

AVID, SEE WHAT'CHALL DON' DID U SAY UR LISTENIN & WE'RE DOIN THIS & THAT & THEN U TRY TO DO THE HD THING THINKIN WE'RE GONNA BITE ON THAT BUT I CAN TELL U, OR BETTER YET U CAN SEE that (
click me to finish the statement)

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 10-21-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemix View Post
Putting out a public beta of PTLE/MP with ADC implemented would do wonders for their image right about now...
Wouldn't it though?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-21-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankely View Post
Hmmmm....

This is as much a joke as a skewed observation:

Remember GM? Remember them for years and years telling us how the Japanese cars were inferior cheap, crap? Remember what they have done to their loyal workers and users? Remember the ways in which they manipulated the marketplace to protect only themselves? And on and on...

Like I said, a skewered joke. Or maybe not. LOL.
GM also filed for Chapter 11(Bankruptcy) a few months back... a direction we appear to be heading perhaps?...or maybe that's also just another skewed observation.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-22-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
128+ tracks is not an issue at all on a Pro Tools Native system.
How are you guys getting 128+ track in PT LE?
even with CPTK installed, doesn't PT LE's trackcount stop at 128?
Old 10-22-2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
GM also filed for Chapter 11(Bankruptcy) a few months back... a direction we appear to be heading perhaps?...or maybe that's also just another skewed observation.

Shane
Before you can justify a question like this you would need to see the following markers:

High-level executives jumping ship and leaving the company.

An uncharacteristic tightening of the corporate belt.

A sharp decline in sales of the flagship products evidenced by fire sale tactics

Requests for Features and improvements not being implemented quickly or at all.

Rampant dissatisfaction among the most loyal segment of the customer base.

An unwillingness to candidly communicate with that concerned customer base.

Only then could you pose such a question about our situation.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-22-2009, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo90 View Post
How are you guys getting 128+ track in PT LE?
even with CPTK installed, doesn't PT LE's trackcount stop at 128?
We've been breaking the artificial track and bus limits for 10+ years in PT LE using many workarounds. If you want to break the track limit, use a ReWired app like REAPER, Ableton LIVE, Props RECORD etc and ReWire the audio tracks into Aux tracks in PT. Instantiate your plug-ins on the Aux tracks in PT just as you would using an Audio track. You now have as many tracks as your computer can handle for the most part. Of course, there's a limit to the amount of Aux tracks we have, but there's more than enough to do the job in most cases.

If you need more buses and use a 002/003 etc, take patch cables and route the outputs back into the inputs on all 16 hardware I/O(ADAT 8 I/O box needed). Then, go to your Sends in PT and use "interface" instead of "bus". You will now have access to 16 more buses. There are many workarounds for a lot of these so called "limits" in PT LE.

There's more details to the above but that's a quick 101.

Hope that helps.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit