Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 05-14-2019, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Mojave breaks DADman software

I'm not sure if this is a Mojave thing or an S6 WSControl / S6 2019.5 issue. Even on High Sierra I was having connectivity issues between DADman and my S6. I ended up going back to 2018.3 on the S6 and am done with testing the new software/firmware for now. (back to High Sierra, DADman 5.3.0 build 10, S6 WSControl 2018.3 / S6 2018.3 and Pro Tools 2018.7 for now)

-Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post

The S6 thing is a lot worse. It's like it refuses to grab DADman's info (though some of the things are working even if the GUI is not updated.) And no repeatable order of events seems to get it to work again (tried a bunch of different ways.) At some point, something just triggers it to work again and it will finally work again with the S6 completely.
And once it does, it stays locked (until a reboot).
I was trying to write up instructions for what to do for others who use our S6 but had to give up because there's no direct instruction to give other than keep trying to close and restart DADman while the monitoring screen is visible until it works. And having Pro Tools off until it does seems to help.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaz View Post
I'm not sure if this is a Mojave thing or an S6 WSControl / S6 2019.5 issue. Even on High Sierra I was having connectivity issues between DADman and my S6. I ended up going back to 2018.3 on the S6 and am done with testing the new software/firmware for now. (back to High Sierra, DADman 5.3.0 build 10, S6 WSControl 2018.3 / S6 2018.3 and Pro Tools 2018.7 for now)

-Jeff
It's an S6 2019.5 thing. That's why I posted the note from the release notes on the S6 2019.5. It happens in Sierra and High Sierra too.

BTW, your DADman is out of date. The current (since November 2018) is 5.3.1 build 4. You can find it on my.avid and on DAD's website. 5.3.0 build 10 was only out for 5 months before they found a bug that needed to be fixed with 5.3.1 build 4.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
That's not the same thing (I have the Dock too and I know what you are talking about.) With the Dock/Control app, when you start your computer (and DADman), you click over to DADman with Monitoring unlocked on the Assign page, then lock it. The monitoring will then stay and you can go on to Pro Tools and the Monitoring will stay locked. Though it says it is "assigned" and locked through reboots, Eucontrol isn't refreshing the graphics for monitoring through reboots (if you notice, the monitor knob on the Dock stays working though.) So after a reboot/restart, you have to unlock what Eucontrol says is locked, put DADman into focus, and relock the monitoring section.
This is the workaround for this.

The S6 thing is a lot worse. It's like it refuses to grab DADman's info (though some of the things are working even if the GUI is not updated.) And no repeatable order of events seems to get it to work again (tried a bunch of different ways.) At some point, something just triggers it to work again and it will finally work again with the S6 completely.
And once it does, it stays locked (until a reboot).
I was trying to write up instructions for what to do for others who use our S6 but had to give up because there's no direct instruction to give other than keep trying to close and restart DADman while the monitoring screen is visible until it works. And having Pro Tools off until it does seems to help.
Ya, exactly, you´re right, I just discovered that today, regarding the focus and lock of Eucon on DADMan. Just confused that with what you´re mentioning regarding the S6. Sorry

Paulo M

MAC Studio MAX M1_64 GB RAM_1TB SSD_MAC OS Ventura

Protools Studio 2024.3
Old 05-16-2019, 12:59 AM

They (DAD) are on top of it... I sent them an email with the question how long they think it will take... this was their response.

Hello Johnny,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

All we can say at the moment is that we are working on it as a top priority and it will be released as soon as it is fully tested.

Best regards,
Jan
end quote

MTRX v.2.4.2.2 + dante card + madi baseunit + optical SFP 1300nm
MTRX-II v.1.0.5.2 + TB3 + 1x AD mic 8ch + 1x DA 8ch
+ madi baseunit + optical SFP 1300nm
MOM v.1.0.1.4 by DAD

Genelec 1237A Sam, Avantone active mixcubes
LA2a (1968), 1073 pre/eq, Neve RNHP, Wacom Intuos Pro
Furman P1400 AR E Power conditioner

Live-rack:
1x HD Native TB, 4x 192 I/O (64ch AD)
8x Yamaha HA-8 micpre, Rosendahl mif4,
Genelec 1031A, Presonus Monitor Station
Old 05-16-2019, 01:24 AM

Since at a bare minimum from Feb 2019 when a similar post was made by DAD
Old 06-24-2019, 05:08 AM

Is there any update on this? Nothing like having a loaded up $20,000 MTRX that gets 0 support from Avid or DAD. Cannot even use new MAC's as they don't run High Sierra, forcing everyone to use old hardware because of lack of software support on a current production $20,000 piece of Hardware. How is this even acceptable at all ??
Old 06-24-2019, 05:11 AM

It’s usable on Mojave as long as you don’t really need to use it, ie you have an external controller such as a MOM or PT|Control...
Old 06-24-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
It’s usable on Mojave as long as you don’t really need to use it, ie you have an external controller such as a MOM or PT|Control...
Yea, for $20K i really need to use it. MOM or PT Control/DOCK/S6 or TMC-1 are only recalling settings/sources, and cannot be used in a manor that would replace the need for GUI functionality.

AVID needs to chime in on this, its not a DAD thing, AVID's name is on the front of this unit, they sold it, they must support it. AVID?? Mojave has been out for 9 months now, we need an update from AVID, as this is totally unacceptable.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:27 PM

For now I use my MacBookpro (High-Sierra) for de MTRX gui, and my MacPro (trashcan) runs now Mojave with PT 2019-5.
Not elegant but it does the job.

The only nice thing with this setup is at restart of the MacPro the MOM stays online because the DaDman Profile runs on the MacbookPro

btw the downloads come from the dad site http://www.digitalaudio.dk/Downloads.1897.aspx (its free to make an account)
I don't think Avid has anything to do with it... they should probably buy the whole dad company and put the gui in the I/O settings of ProTools

MTRX v.2.4.2.2 + dante card + madi baseunit + optical SFP 1300nm
MTRX-II v.1.0.5.2 + TB3 + 1x AD mic 8ch + 1x DA 8ch
+ madi baseunit + optical SFP 1300nm
MOM v.1.0.1.4 by DAD

Genelec 1237A Sam, Avantone active mixcubes
LA2a (1968), 1073 pre/eq, Neve RNHP, Wacom Intuos Pro
Furman P1400 AR E Power conditioner

Live-rack:
1x HD Native TB, 4x 192 I/O (64ch AD)
8x Yamaha HA-8 micpre, Rosendahl mif4,
Genelec 1031A, Presonus Monitor Station

Last edited by Johnny Hulst; 06-25-2019 at 02:42 AM.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hulst View Post
For now I use my MacBookpro (High-Sierra) for de MTRX gui, and my MacPro (trashcan) runs now Mojave with PT 2019-5.
Not elegant but it does the job.

The only nice thing with this setup is at restart of the MacPro the MOM stays online because the DaDman Profile runs on the MacbookPro

btw the downloads come from the dad site http://www.digitalaudio.dk/Downloads.1897.aspx (its free to make an account)
I don't think Avid has anything to do with it... they should probably buy the whole dad company and put the gui in the I/O settings of ProTools
It shows up on a user AVID account if you have an MTRX. The point is that we are at the end of July and nothing....

We are on the same situation for months now. Managed to use it (kind of) with Mojave, but it´s awkward, no meters, no graphical updates on changes, you need to enter and leave the menus to see the updates on the routing matrix etc.

It´s really a shame that a company like AVID doesn´t care about it´s users that spend a lot of money on their most expensive converter/interface and don´t have the choice about MAC OS, just because they bought a new machine. If all the big studios were using Mojave, I guess that it would be a different story....

Regarding DAD, we were going to buy the MOM but considering this, it´s cancelled. It´s a shame, because I like DAD products, but considering this lack of support, it makes you think twice...

Paulo M

MAC Studio MAX M1_64 GB RAM_1TB SSD_MAC OS Ventura

Protools Studio 2024.3