Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-16-2009, 09:08 PM

Default Unable to get Pro Tools 8.0 to launch w/ brand new Mac Pro and brand new 003

So this week I bought a brand new Mac Pro and a Digi 003r to give me home studio a complete overhaul and have all the latest and greatest (in my price range).

The computer finally came Wednesday evening. I didn't have time to mess with it because I was going to the NAMM show yesterday.

So today I FINALLY got to getting everything set up. First I upgraded to 10.5.5, installed the Core Audio drivers and Logic 8 (my current DAW of choice) and inspected to make sure everything was working well. For the most part everything works fine. I have had a little bit of trouble getting the Core Audio driver to locate the hardware, but it seems to finally be working well.

I registered my Digi and my iLok downloaded the huge PT 8 upgrade and got ready to start. My great day was rudely interupted by this inconvenient little error.

Pro tools starts to boot up, begins loading plug ins and then: "The application Pro Tool LE quit unexpectedly." I have retried and retried. Reset, reconnected the hardware. No luck.

At first I thought it was because the core audio drive was interfering with the startup, but i reset again and made sure it was off and still no luck. Does anyone know what the problem here could be.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Unable to get Pro Tools 8.0 to launch w/ brand new Mac Pro and brand new 003

If it were me(and I am NOT an expert on Mac), I would uninstall everything but Leopard, use the PT uninstall utility to get rid of any Digi stuff, and start by installing PT first. Once you get that loaded, then load in the other stuff. I just loaded PT8 on a new drive with Leopard and PT8 was the very first thing I installed. The install went quite smooth.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-16-2009, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Unable to get Pro Tools 8.0 to launch w/ brand new Mac Pro and brand new 003

I feel like an idiot, but it looks like this is working. I think that the core audio driver I had installed must've been sending conflicting signals or something along those lines.

The 003 Firmware is updating right now. So I will cross my fingers. Thanks a lot!