Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 02-24-2017, 06:48 PM

Default Cue light on Punchlight USB?

Hey all,

Just built a foley/VO booth in my apartment, and installed a Punchlight USB to cue the talent. Factory options are working out of the box. The light is green in REC STBY and turns RED on record.

I programmed three short beeps in the session that go off just before where recording begins. What I would love to do is have the light flash a different color on those beeps. Is there a way to somehow route those beeps to the Punchlight USB? If so, any pointers would be much obliged.

Thanks!

HOST SPECS:
PC (Self-built)
Software: Pro Tools Standard 12.7.0
Windows 10 (V1607/OS build 14393.576)
Processor: Intel i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core
RAM: 32GB
Storage: 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD
GPU: nVidia 970 GTX
Playback Device: Mbox 2
Project Storage: OWC eSata RAID (4 - 4TB 7200rpm Sata III HDDs running on RAID 5 64MB cache)

PERIPHERALS:
Punchlight USB
Old 02-24-2017, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Cue light on Punchlight USB?

Hey

I would think it's possible as Punchlight is RGB so you will have a lot of different colors. Doesn't the manual help with these steps if it is possible?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-24-2017, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Cue light on Punchlight USB?

There aren't many instructions; just a small card. But I did find this:

ADDITIONAL SIGNALIZATION - NOTES (metronome)
----------------------------------------------------------

Enable this option to visualize incoming MIDI notes. If you enable MIDI clicks/metronome in your DAW application, the Recording Lamp becomes a visual metronome. Make sure that note1 corresponds to the accented/bar noe and note2 to the unaccented/beat note selected for the MIDI clicks in your DAW.

# # #

I activated this option, but I don't really know how to do what it is suggesting. For the record, right now in the Punchlight Utility, Note1 is C3 and Note2 is C2, but they can be adjusted.

Any ideas on how to proceed?