Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 10-13-2017, 06:09 PM

Default Where did my group color bars go?

First time I've encountered this and can't figure it out.

All of a sudden, about half of my groups are missing a color bar to the left of the group name in the group menu. This is also reflected in the edit window, where even though a group is selected and enabled, it bears no unifying group color.

Is this a bug or a feature that can be turned on and off? Can I just select one of these groups and tell PT to bring its color back?

How did it disappear in the first place?

In the picture, the group "New Viola" (also called 3e) is enabled, but has no color bar. In the edit window, the first two tracks make up the group. They are black and white, without a predefined color, but the group is on.

PT 10.3.5
OSX 10.8.5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 7.00.21 PM.jpg (71.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 7.06.50 PM.jpg (64.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-13-2017, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Where did my group color bars go?

not for sure but I think this happened to me once...go into the color palette and adjust the intensity and see if that works
Old 10-13-2017, 11:46 PM

Tried that, but didn't help. Maybe I didn't do the right thing? Selected 'groups' from the dropdown and raised saturation.

I've searched the manual (page 241) and watched a bunch of tutuorials and none of them mention those color bars ever not existing, the way they don't in my session. That's why I'm wondering if its a bug.

And what's more, they were there before in this (and other sessions). These same groups had a color assignment and color bar.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:30 AM

To the op:
Why are you on older version of PT and OSX?
I'd grab the combo updater for OSX 10.8.5 and apply that and then grab the PT10.3.10 (which is the last PT10 version) from your user account and apply that.

Does the bus you're sending to go some place that has a legitimate input/output? I'm wondering if a 'bus to nowhere' might do this.

QAPLA!
Old 10-14-2017, 08:16 AM

I'm on an older version of PT and OSX, because it's stable, and I have a lot of work to do. A few years back, I did those updates and had immediate problems. I believe I even posted about them. I've been using the combo I have for years without a major problem, save for the occasional hiccup like what I'm posting about. My machine is strictly for audio work.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:26 AM

Can anyone tell me if having the group color bars disappear is actually an option? Can you turn off 'group color' in general for individual groups?

Shouldn't all groups be assigned a color, regardless of how my track view pref settings are?