Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2016, 03:52 PM

Default Re: S6L - my short list of wishes

My biggest complaint about the desk is status of VCA assignments. When you attention a VCA then go into multiassign mode, the attention status(light) on the desk(button) goes away!
And status of VCA contribution would be priceless.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2016, 10:43 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
When you attention a VCA then go into multiassign mode, the attention status(light) on the desk(button) goes away!
Which attention light do you mean? on the VCA that you're assigning?

[email protected]
Old 09-30-2016, 04:41 AM

Yeah, on the fader bay, the attention button's light turns off when you go into multi-assign mode. I know that if you stay on the VCA screen you can see what's going on, but so many times during a theater show we need to quickly assign and unassign people.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2016, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel Noon View Post
I'll skip the quotes and go for numbers, Ryan is there any chance to hear something for us S3L users? Some of the functions you state as "on it" would be helpful on a small system as well.
Please, at the moment it makes no sense in investing in a S3L-X. An 'old' Digico SD 9 is way more flexible in I/O structure and buss structure.

Please update the Snapshot system Like the new Soundcraft Vi series
- aux/ group scope per snapshot
-Alias funcion like Digico

Pre post switches individual per channel per aux
- At the moment you can only choose the bus pick-off global. This should be individual per channel per aux. Like the new Soundcraft(s) Vi 2/3/5/7000;
Sends can be pre-EQ, pre compressor, pre-fade or post-fade on a per channel/per bus basis (and of course POST MUTE!!)
Old 10-13-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingthor View Post

Pre post switches individual per channel per aux
- At the moment you can only choose the bus pick-off global. This should be individual per channel per aux. Like the new Soundcraft(s) Vi 2/3/5/7000;
Sends can be pre-EQ, pre compressor, pre-fade or post-fade on a per channel/per bus basis (and of course POST MUTE!!)
The aux pre/post switches are per channel/aux. The pickoff point of the pre aux is global per send.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpolice View Post
The aux pre/post switches are per channel/aux. The pickoff point of the pre aux is global per send.
This is exactly what it don't want. IT should be independent. not global

Example
CH 1, Kick, Aux 1 Stage monitor (Post EQ Pre Comp)
CH 1, Kick, Aux 4 In Ear Vocalist (post EQ Post Comp)
CH 34, Lead Vocal, Aux 1 Stage monitor (Pre EQ Pre Comp)
CH 34, Lead Vocal, Aux 4 In Ear Vocal (Post EQ Pre Comp)

This would make an great Monitor board.And even an small console like an S3L-X Would be more useful for monitors or even monitors and FOH at the same time.

Take a look how they have done it in the Newer Soundcraft series, pretty cool
Old 10-15-2016, 02:22 AM

New feature requests:

- Easy access to plugin-view. When the plugin parameters are spilled on a CKM the corresponding plugin should always be shown on Venue Screen. Or at least an option.

- A new Plug-in listing system in the Plug-in rack. If you have many plugins installed on the system, you have to scroll down in the list of available plug-ins, but the way of scrolling is not touch friendly at all, I allways have to grab the mouse (which I want to get rid of along with the Keyboard). It is very easy to select a plug-in instead of scrolling further down.

- In 5.3 the Universe view is not working correctly when eg. a VCA is spilled. At least not on my system. I cannot mute or attention when in Spill mode.

- When changning showfiles on the S6L there is a audible pop in the PA. It would be great to get rid of.

- Option to remove the layout icon in the banking screen and have text only. The text is very small and the logo takes up a lot of screen real-estate.

Last edited by Rudio Audio; 10-15-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudio Audio View Post
New feature requests:

- Easy access to plugin-view. When the plugin parameters are spilled on a CKM the corresponding plugin should always be shown on Venue Screen. Or at least an option.
It's a bit clumsy....

But you can make an Event:
Trigger: Solo Any Input
Action: Change window to plugin.

but might not always be desirable.

There should be specific input CH. number option for triggers to make it work nicely.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:20 PM

Default Re: S6L - my short list of wishes | Dynamic Automation

Quote:
10. Dynamic Automation
To timecode
This feature would be a game changer for mixers in any venue doing the same show several times.

From my perspective in house of worship, we mix 6 services every weekend. Every one of those services is identical and I already have the ability to have timecode running from the ableton rig that is generating click and stems for the band.

If I could record my moves the first service and play them back for the rest, while also being able to update my moves from service to service/song to song it would be amazing. Think Protools automation live to timecode.

It would give mixers the ability to make live mixes climb to a whole new level, and in situations where there are multiple shows per day it could keep the mix quality from show to show more consistent.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:37 AM
Avid

Default Re: S6L - my short list of wishes | Dynamic Automation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Dagher View Post
This feature would be a game changer for mixers in any venue doing the same show several times.

From my perspective in house of worship, we mix 6 services every weekend. Every one of those services is identical and I already have the ability to have timecode running from the ableton rig that is generating click and stems for the band.

If I could record my moves the first service and play them back for the rest, while also being able to update my moves from service to service/song to song it would be amazing. Think Protools automation live to timecode.

It would give mixers the ability to make live mixes climb to a whole new level, and in situations where there are multiple shows per day it could keep the mix quality from show to show more consistent.
So in VENUE 5.4 you can:
1. Create an event triggered by a timecode.
2. Add changing some control as event action. As usual, you can delay a specific action by some time - useful if you need few actions to happen sequentially.
3. Specify X-Fade time for the change to make it smooth.
4. Specify X-Fade curve type to define the easing curve (see http://easings.net/ to understand what it can be)

Of course this is not a proper automation, but it allows doing much of it.