Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 03-09-2018, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2018.1 low latency monitoring issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oufti View Post
- THIS WORKED FOR ME -

Contacted Avid yesterday, got an answer today:

In a previous post I said that it didn't work... my bad! Actually deleting the prefs UNCHECKED the LLM by default, so when I opened my session I had a double signal even in stop mode (on the record armed track). Sorry for being so stupid ;-/

Thanks John!

Installed 2018.3 and the issue persisted. Tried the preference/workspace reset as suggested by Avid and this did not resolve the issue. Thankfully the playback engine work around still works. Hopefully this will be resolved in the next update. LLM in surround was addressed, but I’m just working in stereo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 07:55 AM

I have the same issue - Avid you fix?
CPU: Intel Core i9-10980XE
Motherboard: Gigabyte X299X AORUS MASTER E-ATX
RAM: 64 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4
Screen card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 VENTUS XS OC
Old 04-25-2018, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oufti View Post
Having the same issue here on PT2018/iMac 2012-HighSierra/Apollo 8p. The only turnaround I found is to open the Playback engine Dialog window, then click OK and everything is back to normal, as long as I record on the same track (the issue comes back when arming a new track for recording).
Same here. Anyone tried this with Avid Support?
Old 05-22-2018, 01:47 AM

Same here on PT Ultimate 2018.4 and Rme Fireface 800. It happens with low latency monitoring or just with the "Mute Record-Armed Tracks while Stopped" option enabled. I can temporarily solve the problem making inactive/active a send on the armed track. A little bit frustrating.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:25 AM

As I have been with the support on this, they got back to me today, saying they are on the case. They are looking at it in particular from the angle of UAD, saying that it is the DSPs onboard that are creating this. Your card however doesn't carry those so that would mean the problem is more widespread. Also this did work a couple of 12 versions back as I recall.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris.audioplanet View Post
As I have been with the support on this, they got back to me today, saying they are on the case. They are looking at it in particular from the angle of UAD, saying that it is the DSPs onboard that are creating this. Your card however doesn't carry those so that would mean the problem is more widespread. Also this did work a couple of 12 versions back as I recall.
I have a UAD octo pcie, but I don't think the problem is related to UAD hardware. It even occurs in blank sessions with no plugins.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:12 AM

You are using an accelerator, whereas I am using the Apollo's direct monitoring through their console. And that is what is causing the double monitoring - the latency free one from Apollo as well as the one coming from PT, despite the LLM turned on.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:27 AM

I have the same issue as the original poster (I'm running PT 2018.4 on an iMac running OS High Sierra 10.13.5). My interface is an Apollo 8p. As others have mentioned, the issue temporarily resolves by opening the Playback Engine. However, this only works with a single track in record. When working with multiple tracks in record mode (i.e., live drums), the "doubling" issue persists and is not corrected by opening/closing the Playback Engine. Has anyone found a work around for this? I have tried all of the other suggestions listed in this thread....
Old 07-31-2018, 11:29 AM

2018.7.0 Audio still doubled when monitoring through hardware. Setup->Playback Engine->OK temporarily fixes it, but you have to do that after arming any new tracks. Same behavior regardless of LLM setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2018, 12:03 PM

I have the issue that was described by the OP. Been trying to deal with Avid support and they keep insisting it is a hardware issue (even though I have tried multiple interfaces, including UA Appolo, Eleven Rack and a Focusrite Solo). I have found that switching quick punch on (or off if it is already on) resolves the issue until I put take a track out of record (or put another track into record).

Hope this fix helps someone.

I installed 2018.7 last night as the release notes said some LLM updates were made. However, the issue persists.....

Very frustrating.....