Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2014, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Slate VMR releasing on Monday!

Well Can't See Anything Yet .. But who knows right! Maybe we will get surprised "soon"

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-13-2014, 08:56 AM

"Soon" is definitely the word. Well, it's all we keep hearing…

Poor Steven. He might learn one day though, you never know.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco1969 View Post
"Soon" is definitely the word. Well, it's all we keep hearing…

Poor Steven. He might learn one day though, you never know.
The only thing Steven and his team will learn is to continue to make even better products which I'm sure they will. That is good enough for me. As I said in a previous post, it's the end result that matters and Slate always deliver IMO!
Old 11-13-2014, 12:23 PM
Slate Pro Audio & Slate Digital

I'll take the childish little "haha" all day long over the angry "after all this time there is still one bug???".

Welcome to software development. Some of it is an exact science, and lot of it is not. I said we were aiming for Thursday but if a bug appeared, it would not happen. A beta tester found one more small bug, so we wanted to fix it and we just did. I'm happy about the decision. This plugin rocks, I'm so proud of it. I hope you'll agree.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 11-13-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Well Can't See Anything Yet .. But who knows right! Maybe we will get surprised "soon"
"Soon" indeed, but not surprised it'll be Monday again:

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 11-13-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simontheoracle View Post
The only thing Steven and his team will learn is to continue to make even better products which I'm sure they will. That is good enough for me. As I said in a previous post, it's the end result that matters and Slate always deliver IMO!
I really hope they learn a bit more than that… They already make great plugins (when they don't crash Protools that is)… it's the rest of the business model they/he need/s to learn to do better…

All the bravado thats thrown about about how great this plugin is, how great that plugin is… how AMAZING all these people think these plugins are…. how this plugin or that plugin TOTALLY changed my life… TOTALLY changed the way I mix… how proud I am of this n that plugin…. blah blah blah… all that wouldn't have so much of a "cringe" factor than it does now because they'd be able to back it all up with a solid product, solid customer support, and lets be frank, "honest" way of communicating with their customers.

I mean, SSD4?… STILL in beta!!!? c'mon…. how long has THAT been now?
And, how long was VBC in beta?… a long time.

Yes, Slate always delivers, but quite often they deliver below par products that remain in beta for Months and Months...
Old 11-13-2014, 01:44 PM

I am sure Mr. Slate it telling his staff that WE CAN NOT F*** THIS RELEASE UP OR WE'RE DEAD MEAT."

So I'm sure they are trying to catch every possible glitch they can.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Slate Pro Audio & Slate Digital

Quote:
I really hope they learn a bit more than that… They already make great plugins (when they don't crash Protools that is)… it's the rest of the business model they/he need/s to learn to do better…
Hi Rosco. Please feel free to speak directly to me if you so desire, since I'm here joining the discussion, and the whole third person thing is a bit odd.

Quote:
All the bravado thats thrown about about how great this plugin is, how great that plugin is… how AMAZING all these people think these plugins are…. how this plugin or that plugin TOTALLY changed my life… TOTALLY changed the way I mix… how proud I am of this n that plugin…. blah blah blah…
This already strikes me as strange that you'd state this. Yes, our products receive accolades. Yes we sometimes post these accolades on our social networks and use them in our marketing. Is that a foreign concept? If you were trying to advertise your production work and a client said of you "Rosco is an amazing producer who does fantastic work", would you not want to use this on your webpage?

Quote:
back it all up with a solid product, solid customer support, and lets be frank, "honest" way of communicating with their customers..
Would you not consider my interaction with customers, especially as of late with the VCC and FG-X newsletters 'honest communication'? How could I be more honest?

Quote:
I mean, SSD4?… STILL in beta!!!? c'mon…. how long has THAT been now?
And, how long was VBC in beta?… a long time.

Yes, Slate always delivers, but quite often they deliver below par products that remain in beta for Months and Months...
I'm not sure if your intention is to simply stir things up, but comments like this would reflect that. SSD4 has been extremely stable on AAX for a year now. It's beta tag is only in name.. it appears our web team has to edit some text. I even know two bands who TOUR using it on a Mac to trigger drums live.

As for below par products, again, not true. The VTM came out in 2012 working great, then we released VBC in June 2013 and it came out rock solid, so did TRIGGER 2, VTM AAX was received well, and our RAVEN software has been on fire. Have we had some releases that were problematic? Sure. But I don't think your description is fair at all.

Anyway, back to topic, the new build is going into the hands of the beta team and I'm looking forward to the release. It's been a long journey on this one.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 11-13-2014, 02:20 PM

Ye, ok Steven. Can't wait to hear VMR
Old 11-13-2014, 02:34 PM

Hey Steve. I may have missed this, but you said VCC 2.0 will be part of VMR. I have no issue with that. I'm just curious if that means that we will have VCC as soon as VMR is released? Or if that's an update that will come later?