Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2016, 11:27 AM

Default Re: 12.6 Feature request.

Funny you should pick those specific numbers for your example, 12.2.1 (Sept 29 2015) and 12.3.1 (Nov 24 2015) are actually the two "dot" releases that Pro Tools 12 has seen. Both were bug fixes only, no new features.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-2-1-Downloads
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...-3-1-Downloads
Old 04-06-2016, 11:34 AM

This sounds kind of lame, but I'd love some sort of collapsible folder system. Something that works almost as an Aux with an overall level adjustment for the tracks that sit in the folder.

I have such a hard time working with tons of tracks everywhere for sound effects and ambiences, rather than a focus on the parts I'd like to see without losing the ability to see my meters from other tracks. Maybe it's just a personal workflow preference, the show / hide tracks just doesn't feel right to me.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:35 AM

Well I've just had a TERRIBLE day with PT12.5. I am NOT going to hold back on venting my frustration.

You have to wonder if Avid have enough staff left to produce a stable version of Pro Tools AND develop new features. I've never seen the DUC so jam packed with people having issues.

I'm wondering if from now, every time PT crashes we should dig out the crash report log and raise a support case. HD users have paid for it after all. I would have raised about seven cases today.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing that it's probably a dodgy plug-in and you need to delete your prefs. I've said it before but PT needs to be a LOT more bullet proof to an errant plug-in. The whole idea that a rogue plug-in just sitting in your plug-in folder can wreak havoc is simply ridiculous.

The current and previous version of Pro Tools have been absolute train wrecks.

Quote:
i still use PT 8.1.1 & OSX 10.6.8 on most important live gigs in front of live audience.
THAT is a sad indictment of the current state of Pro Tools.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
Dear Avid

You'll have to excuse the sarcasm here but my number one feature request for 12.6 is a stable version of Pro Tools.

I don't want ANY new features, just put your WHOLE development team on wading through those thousands of crash reports you must be getting every day and fix stuff.

Yes there's loads of things I'd like to see added to PT, especially on the MIDI side but please.... enough with the crashes.

(P.S. Yes I've done all the official trouble shooting, prefs trashing, OS reinstalling thing etc.)
Um...Hmmm

You do know that if that every happened, this entire forum "Avid Pro Audio Community" would cease to exist?

except for the "Announcements" section.
No more complaining this doesn't work, how come this doesn't do that anymore? what happened to my video, it was working fine for the last 10 years and now its gone, etc, etc.
-HD Omni
-BM Intensity Pro

-Waves Mercury+SSL4000 Collection+Abbey Roads
-iZotope RX10 Advanced
-iZotope Post Production Suite 6
-iZotope Music Production Suite 5
-HALO UP/DOWN MIX
-ANYMIX
-Delonghi Perfecta ESAM 5600.S
Old 04-06-2016, 11:51 AM

I have had a heck of a time with 12.4 and 12.5 on windows. I yanked out east west play and now im running a lot better.

No more access violations so far.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:31 PM

Yes, more bug fixes is always great.....

However if I was a betting man, I would say they are gonna bug fix the colab stuff first....

Not that I care, but I bet that's what gets fixed first......

And they could have put track presets into the software front door, when? PT10 !!!!!
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:34 PM

Maybe you should start questioning your setup. PT 12.5 runs fine on my 2 rigs. Send in crash reports to customer service.

It might as well be a plug-in (or two or three) being the culprit, even if you do not wanna hear it.

Quote:
Well I've just had a TERRIBLE day with PT12.5. I am NOT going to hold back on venting my frustration.

You have to wonder if Avid have enough staff left to produce a stable version of Pro Tools AND develop new features. I've never seen the DUC so jam packed with people having issues.

I'm wondering if from now, every time PT crashes we should dig out the crash report log and raise a support case. HD users have paid for it after all. I would have raised about seven cases today.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing that it's probably a dodgy plug-in and you need to delete your prefs. I've said it before but PT needs to be a LOT more bullet proof to an errant plug-in. The whole idea that a rogue plug-in just sitting in your plug-in folder can wreak havoc is simply ridiculous.

The current and previous version of Pro Tools have been absolute train wrecks.

THAT is a sad indictment of the current state of Pro Tools.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDP View Post
Um...Hmmm

You do know that if that every happened, this entire forum "Avid Pro Audio Community" would cease to exist?

except for the "Announcements" section.
No more complaining this doesn't work, how come this doesn't do that anymore? what happened to my video, it was working fine for the last 10 years and now its gone, etc, etc.
We could always talk about the weather?
Old 04-06-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
Maybe you should start questioning your setup. PT 12.5 runs fine on my 2 rigs. Send in crash reports to customer service.

It might as well be a plug-in (or two or three) being the culprit, even if you do not wanna hear it.
My setup is absolutely fine. EVERYTHING is done by the book to the letter, EVERY piece of hardware/software qualified and up to date. So yes it might be a plug-in. I've even had Apple check my Mac!

Today I hit clip gain on my S6. Pro Tools crashed. And it's a plug-in that caused that???? Out of 194 plug-ins, how the hell am I supposed to check which one or combinations thereof are the culprits?

I've lost count of how many crash reports I've sent today.

Now PT HD 11.3.1 was absolutely, completely, utterly stable for me with the EXACT same hardware, mostly the same plug-in versions and I run a LOT of VIs. So who do you think I'm going to blame?

Sorry to get snarky but I've lost two and a half hours work today because of this PT12 nonsense.

There are just TOO many people having problems with 12.4/5 for this not to be an issue at Avid's end IMO.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Today I hit clip gain on my S6. Pro Tools crashed. And it's a plug-in that caused that???? Out of 194 plug-ins, how the hell am I supposed to check which one or combinations thereof are the culprits?

I've lost count of how many crash reports I've sent today.

And how is it acceptable for a user to be solely responsible for testing a piece of software- I mean I know we do it, but why is this normal?

Should the users be responsible for bug fixes, and root causes? If so the product should be cheaper, b/c it's work.....
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.