Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 05-31-2015, 08:34 PM

Default Steve Slate Drums 4 - Instrument appears to lose communication with MIDI input...

Anyone have a problem with Steven Slate Drums 4 in Pro Tools 11.3.1 dropping the midi sample programming (or whatever is happening)? This happens to me REGULARLY:

I will playback a session and at some point the drums will stop playing back. It usually is not all multi-sample patches that stop working, but MOST... When I restart PT everything is normal. I have not observed a common link that causes this behavior. Seems totally random to me at the moment. But as I mentioned before it happens REGULARLY.

I have not had much luck finding anything out in my web or DUC searches.

Anyone else?
Old 05-31-2015, 08:38 PM

Not sure what's going on with your system, but I have not experienced this on 11.3.1 (nor 12) with SSD4 on OSX 10.8.5.

Maybe post some more info about your system and someone may have some insights?
Old 05-31-2015, 08:39 PM

Default new profile...

FYI I created a new profile today then updated it with detailed system info... Either I didn't hit SAVE, it takes a while to actually save, or the data did not POST for some reason... I put a lot of system and personal info in there... hopefully the update just takes a little while to get from point A to B... else I wasted an hour of my life lol.