How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2012, 10:29 PM

Default MBox Pro 3Generation, conflict between PC and Audio Interface

Hello guys
I have got some big problem with my MBox 3 Pro and my PC.
There is some conflict between them (as I can see), My PC can see MBox for 5-15 minutes (it varies) after switching on and then something happens and sound disappears and if its music software there is inscription "Not responding" or Audio interface is not found, and it does not matter if I am creating music or playing computer games, everything)
If anybody can assume what it could be? Please let me know)
Thank you for your answer
Old 11-27-2012, 10:42 PM

Default Re: MBox Pro 3Generation, conflict between PC and Audio Interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art39 View Post
Hello guys
I have got some big problem with my MBox 3 Pro and my PC.
There is some conflict between them (as I can see), My PC can see MBox for 5-15 minutes (it varies) after switching on and then something happens and sound disappears and if its music software there is inscription "Not responding" or Audio interface is not found, and it does not matter if I am creating music or playing computer games, everything)
If anybody can assume what it could be? Please let me know)
Thank you for your answer
Have you done all the recommended optimizations for your system? Especially things related to power management and USB power management. Start at the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this web page.

You are not using the Mbox on a USB hub are you?

If that does not solve the problem, unplug as many other USB devie as youc an and see if this problem persists.

If that does not solve the problem then please post a Sandra report as asked for/explained about on the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" page.

Darryl
Old 11-28-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Have you done all the recommended optimizations for your system? Especially things related to power management and USB power management. Start at the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this web page.

You are not using the Mbox on a USB hub are you?

If that does not solve the problem, unplug as many other USB devie as youc an and see if this problem persists.

If that does not solve the problem then please post a Sandra report as asked for/explained about on the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" page.

Darryl
Thank you
I am going to do all listed above stuff. But also, maybe the reason is because of connection, I connect Mbox with PC via Firewire however, my motherboard does not have Firewire connector and I use PCI adapter.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 AM

Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

Check that link and post a Sandra report. Its the best way to get the best advice. An incompatible FW chip could be the cause(Avid recommends a TI chipset on the FW card). Or maybe the FW driver? There are usually 3 resident drivers. Avid recommends the Legacy driver(which doesn't work for me with the 003 interface). The TI Compliant driver is what works here.

PS, sorry about the bold, but once I pasted the link, bold was locked

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave