Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2011, 06:40 AM

Default "Looking For plug-ins" EVERY time

Lately every time I power up and launch Pro Tools it has to do the "Looking for plug-ins" search. I know this happens when you make changes to the Plug-Ins folder, but I haven't made any. It's making launches take too long! I've trashed preferences but I still get this issue.

dopplah
Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 AM

Default Re: "Looking For plug-ins" EVERY time

If I'm not mistaken- trashing your preferences could *cause* this issue... stop trashing your preferences and start and restart Pro Tools a few times and it should go away....
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:31 AM

Oh, I don't trash every time. I've launched MANY times since the last trash, and still get this issue after every power cycle.

dopplah
Old 08-09-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplah View Post
Lately every time I power up and launch Pro Tools it has to do the "Looking for plug-ins" search. I know this happens when you make changes to the Plug-Ins folder, but I haven't made any. It's making launches take too long! I've trashed preferences but I still get this issue.

dopplah
What OS are you running? Which version of PT?
Old 08-10-2011, 12:44 AM

me too... it takes soooo long to load .. can't figure it out either... anyone else ???
Old 08-10-2011, 12:58 AM

It's possible that the cache has been corrupted. It wouldn't hurt to trash prefs and databases again. Other than that, your Anti-virus could be slowing things down since they like to scan every file that gets accessed by programs. In Microsoft's Security Essentials, you can turn off active file and program monitoring or you can exempt selected folders or processes from being actively monitored.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 08-10-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye Studios View Post
What OS are you running? Which version of PT?
I'm on Win7 Pro 64-bit, Pro Tools HD 9.0.3
Old 08-11-2011, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
In Microsoft's Security Essentials, you can turn off active file and program monitoring or you can exempt selected folders or processes from being actively monitored.
I've been having the problem and this tip sorted it for me. Selected all the plugin directories for exclusion (i.e. the directories with the .dll files in as well as the two digidesign directories) and excluded protools.exe in the process options. All good, first time load is really fast now....
Old 08-15-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennieh View Post
I've been having the problem and this tip sorted it for me. Selected all the plugin directories for exclusion (i.e. the directories with the .dll files in as well as the two digidesign directories) and excluded protools.exe in the process options. All good, first time load is really fast now....

YESSSS! Thank you so much!

dopplah