Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-27-2010, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Music won't play. Play button flashes and Stop button lights up

I had this problem, and after trying all the "recommended" things, it still didn't work.

So I reinstalled Pro tools...

Now I can only run 2 Eleven plugins at once or my computer "looses connection with the 002" every 10 seconds, from the up to 6 Elevens I could run before I reinstalled.

Don't reinstall, my workflow and all my pre pro work has been pushed back almost a whole week, while I slowly open sessions, deal with freezing, deactivate all Elevens, print them, and resave them.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:47 AM

I just did the buffer change and back and it works, gotta love code bugs.
Is there a way to submit the bug to Avid?
Old 10-29-2013, 11:39 AM

I was having the same problem, so I went intot the FILE menu for the sapphire UI and clicked on "Load From Hardware" and it un-paralyzed the PT cursor.

you could give that a try...

J
Old 10-29-2013, 11:42 AM

I had this problem... wend into the Sapphire File menu and selected LOAD FROM HARDWARE. It re-established the connection and un-paralyzed my Pt cursor.

Maybe this will help...

J
Old 07-26-2014, 04:57 PM

Im having the same problem. I tried what Ryan Young said in a previous post and it works. Here is what he posted-"switch your hardware buffer setting to something else, click ok, press play then stop, switch your buffer back to what it was. I don't know why it works, but it works."
Old 07-29-2014, 12:32 PM

2gig seems pretty low to b running pro tools, or anything, and would Nealy bet that is yr problem, minimum 4 gig.
Cheers
Mazzie
Old 10-22-2014, 05:17 PM

I have been going back and forth with Avid on the exact same issue.. They are CLUELESS!! and all of my gear is under warranty. It's all brand new. I only use my NEW Mac Pro JUST FOR PRO TOOLS.. nothing else. It's dedicated to the studio. I don't have any additional software installed on it, other than the OEM Mac software that came with it and the PT11 w/standard plugging. No added pluggins either. The problem is annoying to say the least, and it happens 4-5 out of every 10 times you open a session. The Avid guy has tried everything and beyond.. INCLUDING the buffer thing, among a ton of other stuff...they're hunting.. they don't know.. and I'm super frustrated!!!!! If anyone can figure this out, PLEASE SHARE!!!!!
Old 02-15-2016, 12:13 PM

same problem, my pro tools loaded up trying to use my virus keyboard as the audio driver. makes me so angry when pro tools wakes up and switches the driver on me. so yea, I had lately updated my acess virus software and pro tools thinks thats the playback engine i want. switched it back to my normal UAD and it works again.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:50 AM

Hi people on this thread,

I've been using Pro Tools for 14 years, I started with version 5 on OS9, which worked flawlessly and beautifully.

This problem started for me from around version 6 and hit its peak in version 7, I was on Windows XP then, but I was reading of people experiencing it on macs too. The problem persisted through three different computers and 2 audio interfaces (Mbox and DIGI002R).

It stopped with version 10, that was a glorious moment for me, my faith restored in Pro Tools.

But alas, I had to upgrade since I can't handle modern workflows without offline bouncing. I'm on version 12 now, and the play/stop problem came back. I had it on two different windows 7 computers (including the one that worked well with version 10), both fully optimized for Pro Tools.

Over the years, I've tried every possible fix posted anywhere on the web, at time also working with Avid support, starting with trashing preferences, q-state and CPU throttling, through disabling network adapters and trying to deal with various latency issues. Every once in a while I go on a hunt once more to see if someone finally found a fix for it. But it just never goes away.

There is no point to this post. I'm not asking for help, just voicing my frustration. Considering all the different systems I've had this problem with, and all the posts mentioning it all over the web for the past 10 years, this is obviously a Pro Tools issue, and even if it's hardware dependent, people can't be expected to hope they get lucky with hardware that actually works with Pro Tools, which according to my experience is a very rare stroke of luck. As much as Pro Tools is second nature for me, I finally decided to start learning Reaper, which plays when I hit play, every single time.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:03 AM

I haven't seen this problem with recent builds of Pro Tools. It might be a good idea to contact customer support and get a case started. I'm sure your input would be appreciated.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com