Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 09-26-2019, 01:18 PM

Default Could not complete the Bounce and Flatten Movie command because vector

All,

I have been running into an issue as of late when attempting to bounce out QT files using PT 2019.5. When attempting I will sometimes get the following error message:
Could not complete the Bounce and Flatten Movie command because vector

Saving the session, quitting Pro Tools and relaunching usually works.

Files are coming from Premiere (close to latest version) and are Pro Res.
I am running PT 2019.5 on OSX 10.13

Does anyone have any insight?
Denver, CO
Old 09-27-2019, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Could not complete the Bounce and Flatten Movie command because vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraphonics View Post
All,

I have been running into an issue as of late when attempting to bounce out QT files using PT 2019.5. When attempting I will sometimes get the following error message:
Could not complete the Bounce and Flatten Movie command because vector

Saving the session, quitting Pro Tools and relaunching usually works.

Files are coming from Premiere (close to latest version) and are Pro Res.
I am running PT 2019.5 on OSX 10.13

Does anyone have any insight?
Could be a number of issues. I don't think that part of Pro Tools has been updated in years, and will be removed (or re-worked) when Pro Tools becomes Catalina compatible.

My advice would be find another workflow. VideoSlave is excellent and offers a Bounce to QuickTime function.

It also uses a light, modern all 64-bit codebase so it futureproof.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Could not complete the Bounce and Flatten Movie command because vector

Is Premeire using their Pro Res codec or Apple's? Adobe developed their own. If you are on a Mac, you can re-encode to Apple's before using it inside of Pro Tools.

(zero issues with Pro Res here but all video is encoded with Apple's codec)
Old 09-30-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Is Premeire using their Pro Res codec or Apple's? Adobe developed their own. If you are on a Mac, you can re-encode to Apple's before using it inside of Pro Tools.

(zero issues with Pro Res here but all video is encoded with Apple's codec)
Never heard of that being an issue. Adobe didn't "develop" their own, ProRes is Apple, however they did integrate the CODEC directly rather than relying on the outdated QuickTime engine.