Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 01-28-2016, 09:16 PM

Default "Could not complete your request because The system cannot find the file specified."

Hello all,

When I opened up one of my projects, Pro Tools told me there was a difference between my local file and the cloud file. I chose to open my local file and worked off of that. When I saved, Pro Tools said it would overwrite the cloud file, which I had no problem with.

When I tried to open up the same project, I got this error message:

Could not complete your request because The system cannot find the file specified. (2) c:\Users\Phil\Documents\Pro Tools\Project Cache\KKBsggSpcb5RwB5gcYk_nb\N_ZYNdGAcr7PcCtsWbCOl a.ptproject\Revision History\Manual Saves\0065.ptpx.

The "0065.ptpx" file does not exist. Opening the latest auto-backup nets me the same message above. I tried logging back in, restarting Pro Tools First, and restarting the computer, but no such luck.
RAM: 8 GB
Audio Interface: ASIO4ALL v2
Pro Tools First 12.3.1
Old 01-29-2016, 01:39 PM
Avid

Default Re: "Could not complete your request because The system cannot find the file specifie

Hello mecklot,

Quote:
c:\Users\Phil\Documents\Pro Tools\Project Cache\KKBsggSpcb5RwB5gcYk_nb\N_ZYNdGAcr7PcCtsWbCOl a.ptproject\Revision History\Manual Saves\0065.ptpx.
Be sure that you have special access to folders where the project is save.

Regards,
RC
Old 12-12-2017, 09:05 PM

Default Re: "Could not complete your request because The system cannot find the file specifie

Been working on this song for 3 months and since yesterday,
i cannot open it anymore. I get a similar message:

Could not complete your request because The system cannot find the file specified. (2) c:\Users\Bakana\Documents\Pro Tools\Project Cache\2mtp5pIXpXiKeaClAv8tzb\J8jaPusnhb7GJ0uvIWwdL c.ptproject\Revision History\Manual Saves\0159.ptpx.

I saw the previous reply that said:
Unless i do not understand what that means, i have full access to all my folders. So i am stuck. anyway way to fix this,or restart from scratch?

Pro tools first ---Focusrite scartlett i6
Intel(R) Core (TM)
i5-7200 CPU @ 2.50 GHZ 2.70 GHZ
12 GB RAM
64 bit operating system
windown 10 pro
Old 12-14-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gritcheese View Post
Been working on this song for 3 months and since yesterday,
i cannot open it anymore. I get a similar message:

Could not complete your request because The system cannot find the file specified. (2) c:\Users\Bakana\Documents\Pro Tools\Project Cache\2mtp5pIXpXiKeaClAv8tzb\J8jaPusnhb7GJ0uvIWwdL c.ptproject\Revision History\Manual Saves\0159.ptpx.

I saw the previous reply that said:
Unless i do not understand what that means, i have full access to all my folders. So i am stuck. anyway way to fix this,or restart from scratch?
In file explorer, try to navigate to the folder shown in the error message. If you can open the folder and see the ptpx file, then folder permissions are not your problem. If you get an error trying to open the folder, then something has changed on your system and you will have to take ownership of the folder to allow PT to access the project cache.

System Details
Old 12-14-2017, 11:48 AM

He is on PT First so maybe something has changed in the settings.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-14-2017, 07:10 PM

thanks for reply, junkgear, i can get access to the folder...

and yes southsidemusic i am on protools first, and
yea probably a change in the settings, no clue
maybe a glitch.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:18 PM

I'm receiving the same message on one of my projects that was nearly completed. Extremely frustrating. Projects are lost in the cloud I guess???
Old 10-05-2018, 08:53 AM

lots of good information here thanks guys, I'm still learning very helpful