Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 01:29 PM

Default DAE error -9035 when attempting to playback

i recieved 6 songs to mix...pro tools 6.4 LE sessions...however they were tracked such that all audio files went into one audio file folder (from all 6 songs). I am getting a DAE error -9035 error when I attempt to play any of the sessions (the sessions do open fine, just wont playback)

any thoughts?

note: other pro tools sessions on the same HD will open and play fine.

thankyou kindly
Old 10-06-2004, 01:54 PM

Default Re: DAE error -9035 when attempting to playback

This error can occur when the hard drive being used for audio is near capacity.
Backup and reinitialize the drive, free up some space and defragment the drive, or use another hard drive instead.
You may be able to obtain temporary relief by going to Setup>Preferences>Operation and limiting the open-ended record allocation preference to 30 minutes or less.

OR,

You will encounter a -9035 error when opening Pro Tools sessions or media files residing on an HFS formatted hard drive, if the file names contain "international characters"(any characters in the Extended ASCII set). You should transfer any Pro Tools files from the HFS volume by opening them in Pro Tools 6.0, and then using Save Session Copy In... to save a copy to an HFS+ formatted hard drive. Files can also be copied from an HFS volume to an HFS+ volume in the Finder. However, in order to use these files in Pro Tools 6.0, you must first remove the original HFS files from your system, either by deleting the files from the HFS volume, or by unmounting the HFS volume.

OR,

There is a 31 character limit for all Pro Tools file names. Trying to open Pro Tools files with names longer than 31 characters will result in a DAE error -9035. Also could be caused by using illegal characters ^ ! < > / ( ) - ; , or international characters from other languages (any characters in the Extended ASCII set. example é à).
Workaround:
Rename the session with 31 or less characters in American Mac Operating system.

HOPE THIS HELPS--

P.S. - - Unsupported SCSI card; check compatibility information.
- Audio files were manually removed (outside of Pro Tools) while the session was still open.
- Bouncing to multichannel format. Try bouncing to a file format other than multi-mono. This will force Pro Tools to convert after bounce. Also try choosing a destination other than your session audio files folder.
- The Mixer is passing data regardless of whether there is audio on the track or not, so the more tracks you have open the busier the PCI bus. The way to stop this is to mute tracks when they are not needed and turn on "Mute frees voices".
- This was seen with Pro Tools LE 6.1 sessions that were created on ATA drives, backed up to Avid LANshare, and restored back to ATA drives. At the time of this writing, Pro Tools does not support LANshare.
- Corrupt fades can cause this. Trashing the fade files (and thus forcing Pro Tools to recalculate them) may resolve the issue.
- In one case disabling FileVault resolved the problem.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:51 PM

Toye,,,,, did you resolve it ??
Old 10-07-2004, 05:09 PM

I had this problem too just the other day, except it was with a session I created. I'm not sure what I did exactly that brought on the error, but Save Session Copy In fixed the problem.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:57 PM

same issue here, but it appeared to be some sort of disk allocation problem i.e. sounds files were not being found by the session even though they were where the were suppose to be and imported properly .... rebooted and reconnect the audio drive - and it worked ... mysterious.

hope that helps, or adds to it at the very least