Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Additional Resources

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 11-10-2018, 01:35 PM

Default Any good plugins to replicate this synthy tone?

I fell in love with the introduction to little dragon's "place to belong" and was wondering what plugin i could use to make the same sort of soft synthy tone. I tried xpand!2 but i cant find a good fit. The basses are the only synths that modulate up and down to the next note and they don't go high enough to match this. Any help or just reccomendations for good synth plug ins is welcome, thank you so much for your time and have a nice day.
P.s. im rather new so i can't post links yet i do apologize.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Any good plugins to replicate this synthy tone?

I just heard it . Sounds like a moog to me . But there is a lot of VI that you can try .

Nexus
Blue
Hybrid
Sphire
FM8

There are more and is a long journey but with patience and tweaking you can get there .

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - i7 CPU 4770k
Asus A97-AR mobo - 32gb DDR3 ram
Samsung 850 evo SSD 500gb - Radeon 470rx
Corsair 750w PSU
Lynx Aurora 8
Clarett Pre 8 X Thunderbolt - Protools Ultimate
Avalon 2022 - Octane 8 - Scarlett Dynamic 8pre
Uad 2 quad - Waves Gold
McDsp Emerald - Duy Everpack
Tc Powercore Firewire
Old 11-10-2018, 05:52 PM

Just made that same exact sound on our hardware minimoog original and could get the same sound with our Prophet 5 v3 and a Juno 106 so anyone of those emulations will come close to that sound. Check out Arturias givings and see if they have a Juno 106 or a Minimoog emulation.

I think Little Dragons use hardware synths like I have here but VI has become pretty good emulations so you shouldn't have any problem with one of those.

Great song BTW

South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
SOUTHSIDEPUB

#ninjakittenshatecrunchyleaves

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
Old 11-10-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Just made that same exact sound on our hardware minimoog original and could get the same sound with our Prophet 5 v3 and a Juno 106 so anyone of those emulations will come close to that sound. Check out Arturias givings and see if they have a Juno 106 or a Minimoog emulation.

I think Little Dragons use hardware synths like I have here but VI has become pretty good emulations so you shouldn't have any problem with one of those.

Great song BTW
Thank you both so much for the replies. I'm still pretty new to all the plugin stuff with pro tools and i'm very excited to start making some of this type of music. I love little dragon they have some of the best compositions in the music industry imo. Again thanks for yalls help have a good one!
Old 11-11-2018, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post

Great song BTW
Was able to get the bass sound with the Arturia MiniMoog but used the mod wheel on my Motif 7 to do the upsweep. Also tried with their Prophet 5 emulation which was a little more trying due more to the difference in filters between the two vi's. Be aware that the Arturia MiniMoog is a bit of a cpu hog.

QAPLA!