How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 03-15-2020, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Come On 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Not defending, just stating the obvious. I talk as someone who actually used to be in that beta team (PT 7-10) and know how slow it is to find a root cause to even a relatively simple bug.

Sometimes it takes regression testing to many versions before someone actually spotted the bug. Then once you know where it last worked and have tons of changes done after that which may or may not affect to the situation, it is clear that some things need to be prioritized to get anything done.

All you can do is open a support case for any bug you find. Avid has a process for dealing with support cases. But process for "whining" on user forum is /dev/null
You don't need to state the obvious. Tracking down bugs can be difficult, that's why a company maybe shouldn't put that in the hands of unpaid volunteers.

And maybe Avid should use the opportunity of having a user forum were people are "whining", to pick up on stuff they need to fix. Cause just yesterday I saw a thread of some guy complaining he opened a support case and nobody responded for days. And it's not the first thread like that I've seen. Jeffro to the rescue, that's great.

So you're suggesting I stop whining here and open a support ticket with Avid about how I wish they crash and burn? What's that going to accomplish? I rather vent here, thank you very much.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 03-15-2020, 12:52 PM

Vent as much as you like and create support cases when you find a bug. Just sayin' criticism in a form of official support case is way more constructive than venting here.

Venting for a support case not answered is another story though, we can help escalating those.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:52 PM

I only drop in occasionally these days to see if there's any sign of Avid selling out to a more competent company.
Alas....they're still here, so bye till next time...I live in hope.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 03-15-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
My desire doesn't need to be credible, logical or realistic. It's a desire, not a prophecy.
True your desire does not need have to those things in it . On the other hand desires that are illogical, not credible, and not realistic, tend to work into and manifest as fantasy, obsession, compulsion, or a mix there of

Quote:
A mandatory paid subscription to receive bugfixes is bonkers, and people who defend it belong into some kind of asylum if you ask me (which hardly anybody does, and that is fine, too.)
Except you are confusing "defending it" with simply not "desiring the company go down" because of it . So no wonder hardly anybody asks ....

Quote:
I don't know how well thought through your stance is, if you're okay with paying Avid for (not even) quarterly bugfix releases. But I'm starting to form an opinion.
Of course you are because you don't see the blatant irony coming from someone who thinks it's " bonkers" to pay a subscription to get bugfix's,,,, YET continues to choose to do so (you do see the irony don't you ?)
Someone who isn't taking the obvious step to stop using and monetarily supporting Avid products they feel are "bonkers" to pay for, and then chooses to be upset at Avid about having made that choice for themselves BTW again I am not defending Avid's business choices, I am questioning the logic/validity of your perspective about it .

Also to clarify the subscription fee is for bugfixes and feature updates, not just bugfixe's , yet another example of a skewed perspective.

Quote:
However, this is a forum. People share opinions. I don't like people, you don't like opinions that differ from yours. Let's both deal with it.
Actually I have no problem with differing opinions. I also have no problem questioning the validity of opinions that appear ill-conceived . Because I've lived long enough to understand everyone having the right to an opinion, is not the same thing as all opinions being equally valid.

And I have lived long enough to understand that choosing to cling to negative energy is and waste of energy and a self induced type of suffering.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 03-15-2020 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
I only drop in occasionally these days to see if there's any sign of Avid selling out to a more competent company.
Alas....they're still here, so bye till next time...I live in hope.
I hope this too
Old 03-16-2020, 04:03 AM

No offence but who cares right now?

I can't even find toilet paper (one packet, that's all I want) for my weekly needs.

All supermarkets here have stopped online ordering/delivery, I can never go into a public supermarket with my OCD and I can't drive with my back injury *anyway*, and i waited 2 hours on the phone to try be put on special needs list, and then it hung up cause she obviously pressed the wrong button once I was about to be put through. I then rang back again and waited over 20 minutes and they hung up again.
(work out that logic though, they should close the stores and make it exclusively online ordering if they want to contain the spread.. just add order limits to the carts.. australians = backwards logic).

I can't blow my nose, I am using leaves, but they will run out too. All because of certain people emptying shelves then trying to resell for 100+ times the price.

I couldn't care less if 20 comes out, I just want some semblance of a normal life back. I have now truly learned how people behave in a minor crisis.. so I can not bear to think what some would be like in a major one.

I am completely broken inside. If my parents didn't have food I wouldn't be eating either.

Sorry for going OT but some people are so upset right now over such minor things and I guess it is peeving me off.. 20 will come out when ready, and in the meantime, besides some bugs that have workaround, 2019.12 is a good DAW. Please be happy. Please.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:05 AM

Don't care of your toilet paper problems. You have water, don't you? My wife is stuck in Philippines because of this stupid mass hysteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2020, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Don't care of your toilet paper problems. You have water, don't you? My wife is stuck in Philippines because of this stupid mass hysteria.

don't really care either.

Have little food, zero tissues, paper towel or toilet paper. One hand soap left to even wash hands, last bar of soap for shower. I am talking about back to caveman living.

My problem much worse than your wife's. I have severe sinus and using leaves to blow nose, and food will run out in a couple days, and many more health issues.

She's alive yes? Hysteria so bad here that some people will die not from virus but not being able to get simple essentials (as said tonight on a current affair.. the issue is not the virus, but what people are doing that puts disabled people like myself at great risk).

No need for your outrageous rudeness. I was trying to show people that 2020 pro tools not that important. A normal person would say, "bad situation here too, my wife's stuck", and I would sympathise/empathise. Now I care exactly zero.
Bye.
Actually, just remove my previous post and this one. I should have known better.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:59 AM

Sorry. My bad. Really, running circles here.

Old 03-16-2020, 06:39 AM

Alright everyone. Let's not go all Lord of the Flies in here.

My company has shut down for a few weeks, so I'm making the best of it. I'm making music at home, and suddenly all of the things I've had issues with in Pro Tools, don't seem to be issues at the moment. I'm getting music done and that is soothing my nerves during this stressful time.

Take care of yourselves and each other...

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X