Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-03-2010, 08:48 PM

Default Re: DAE Error 743 Encountered

I reinstalled 8.0.3 and and it is now working but right now I haven't gotten sound coming out of the Mbox2 headphone jack. working on that. But no DAE errors!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 03:17 AM

I reinstalled 8.0.3 after doing a complete uninstall. NO DAE error, but I couldn't get sound out of the headphone jack. After much hassle and not solving it, I found a tip to install the PT 9 drivers, which I did, and then Pro Tools would not even open. I uninstalled 8.0.3 and tried to install 8.0.4 again to see if there would be a difference. Same problem DAE error 743. I uninstalled that, and reinstalled 8.0.3, which I am going to test again and see if I can get working...

Incredibly frustrating, and an amazing amount of work.

Bert in Bangkok
Old 12-05-2010, 01:18 PM

I tried plugging my mbox into a different usb input on my macbook, weird magic, but it worked, I know that was the problem when PT froze on start up every time for me earlier... Seemed to solve this problem too
Old 12-06-2010, 10:39 PM

Tried that too but didn't work.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:38 AM

I now updated to 8.0.3cs2 and editing and bounce to disk work but still no sound out of the headphone jack... have checked all the prefs for the program and system prefs... any suggestions? I don't have external speakers with me to check the monitor outputs. Am on a portable system.

thanks
Bert
Old 12-16-2010, 04:57 AM

Wink Re: DAE Error 743 Encountered

OK, my problem is SOLVED! I asked my dealer if there could be any difference in USB cables.... He said some are better than others.... I forgot the original USB cable, that came with the MBOX, at home in Sweden. I bought a replacement one here. THAT was the problem. I got somebody to bring the original here on a trip, set it up and it worked.

FINALLY....

so watch those cables!

cheers
BERT
Old 01-04-2011, 05:53 AM

Smile Re: DAE Error 743 Encountered

OK people I GOT THIS..MACBOOK PRO 2.53 Unibody Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB Ram MBOX MICRO, 2 HD mounting in a USB DOCK. PRO-TOOLS 8.0.4.

I Connected the HD DOCK direct to one of my Mac USB Port, and in the other port I connected a D-LINK USB 2.0 Hub this one comes with AC Power ( mod. DUB-H7) so you can get 7 ports with 2.0 juice. In the Hub I connected my IMAC keyboard to access the PT8 functions in the number pad like Markers, etc. and the MBOX MICRO. At first the system start running ok with various Multi edits and plug ins..suddenly DAE ERROR 743 comes , when I hit Play it stop and show me the error screen. Then I just found this forum. I run this test: I disconnected everything from my MAC I change my Mbox Micro from the USB DOCK to one Usb port. I opened a new session imported an audio file and worked in my MAC HD everything runs cool. Then I reconnected everything but in a different way. I run this time My HD DOCK thru the USB HUB with the Keyboard attached too and directly to 1 USB port on my MAC and the MBOX MICRO remain in my 2nd MAC Usb Port. I open the session that had the problem when comes out the DAE ERROR and everything run SOLID. .... Lets see what's happen now.. I'll will let you know guys
Old 01-25-2011, 06:17 AM

Smile Re: DAE Error 743 Encountered

Solution

Yes, move the audio interface (HD or Mbox) to a different USB port

All the best of luck to all
Old 03-08-2011, 07:44 PM

Hey all

I just had this problem. It seemed to happen after i deleted some old .ptf sessions files and (.wav) session bounces in the folder i was working from. I fixed it this way

1. Quit tools

2. disconnected mBox

3. made sure playback engine etc settings were in order

4. went into my backup drive and found the old session files and bounces i deleted

5. copied the deleted files and pasted them back into the session folder were they first were

6. re connected mbox

7. started protools and played another unrelated session - ALL GOOD

8. opened other problem session and it worked fine

Very frustrating problem, hope this helps???

x MSquared Productions.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:19 PM

had this problem myself - here's what fixed it for me.

are you using 2 monitors? are both connected correctly?

i had an external monitor plugged into an adapter from the miniport / thunderbolt port on my macbook pro. the adapter was still connected to my mbp but the monitor was not connecteed to the adapter.

reconnected the monitor, rebooted the mbp and no more dae 743 errors!

huzzah!